1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDvD3.0 Copyright protection thing on Windows XP/GeForce3TI200

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Wannabe1, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Wannabe1

Wannabe1 Member

Yes, Ive been trying to play movies such as We Were Soldiers on my Sony 24x DvD rom drive. Some DvDs seem to work fine, but others, such as WWS's, do not even work. As soon as I start to play the DvD I, I see the "R Rated" Section, etc, but then it stops and says something like "Cannot play this copy righted software with TV out enabled." Now, I am pretty sure TV out is not enabled, and my GeForce does have Nview disabled so thats not the problem ethier. I know this is probably a common problem for people, but I didnt see anything that really helps me, because I dont know if it has been solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me.
    System-
    Sony 24x DvD rom
    Windows XP Home edition
    GeForce3 TI200
    512mb DDR ram
    Amd Atholon XP2000+ 1.7ghz

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Control Panel --> Display --> Settings --> Advanced --> GeForce4 Ti4400 (or whatever you have). Make sure that you only have one display here. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB[/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  3. Wannabe1

Wannabe1 Member

Wow, that helps a lot, how could i even tell if i do or do not, it doesnt say. Kthx.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you have multiple displays (i.e., monitor and tv) then there will be options for "primary and secondary displays"... its been a long time since i used anything like that. Also, on the Settings tab (i think) there would be two pics of two displays so you can set resolutions for each of them. If there are two then that means you have 2 display types enabled

5. Wannabe1

Wannabe1 Member

Well, I don't got two displays...