1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

powerpoint to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mlbau, Mar 9, 2007.

1. mlbau

mlbau Member

I have a powerpoint presentaion that I want to show through a DVD player onto a TV screen is there a software that will do this comversion or may be a way to do this

2. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

3. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi mlbau (and hello *everyone*)

When I saw 2 replies were already provided for this post, I was gonna leave it alone; and I also wanted to check up on the software recommended, which seems good, but quite pricey.

So, I wanted to present another idea, ideally, free.

1. Microsoft has a somewhat obscure by free utility for motion capture directly from a computer screen called Windows Media Encoder, available for download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx ; a good, illustrated tutorial for how to capture with it can be viewed here: http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJohn/43/Encoder_Screen_Capture.aspx

Okay.. so next is how to get that on a dvd.

Well, since you apparently already have a dvd burner (if not, come one.. you got to meet us half way!), I'm almost sure it came with software that can accept .wmv (which Windows Media Encoder exports) and encode it to dvd. If not, I found at least one freebie app that supports .wmv called DVD Maker Free; there's an Afterdawn page for it, but there were a couple of complaints about that particular version, so I searched elsewhere for it.

4. mlbau

mlbau Member

thanks for your help I can work with one of these.