1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPV on dish pointing to 148

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by coolsac, Aug 8, 2007.

1. coolsac

coolsac Guest

Hi,

I've a regular dish pointing to 148W, don't get an PPV channels except a couple international. Any suggestions on if settings can be changed to receive PPV movies?

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

Try a hard reboot

3. coolsac

coolsac Guest

I've a coolsat 5k, so just switch the button on/off at the back?

Did that a few times but doesn't help, should i be getting PPV channels on 148? Again i don't have line of sight for 119/110.

Any steps will be greatly appreciated.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

Go to lingsat and see what transponders the pay per views and then rescan those transponders.

5. coolsac

coolsac Guest

Pardon my ignorance, i can only see http://www.lyngsat.com/148west.html for 148. But can't make any head or tail on what it means for my coolsat. If you point me to some links to read up, will appreciate that. Or better yet just tell me what to do :)

Your responses are appreciated.

6. coolsac

coolsac Guest

Ok i think its making some sense now, i should be trying to enter the transponder manually (manual scan). It doesn't tell me which channels on which transponder though.

7. bill038

bill038 Guest

Go to lyngsat, in the center box of the sats click on America in the packages box. On the next page that opens go all the way to the bottom and click on the echostar 1/2. The next page that opens will tell you all the transponders. If you want to see the programming go to the very top box that says dish networks and in the center of the page there are two boxes that have a A and a P. Click on the P and it will show you what programs by name are on each transponder.