1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prassi Primo & Pioneer 106

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by JMcQueen, Nov 11, 2003.

1. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

Hi. I've just swapped out my old 104 for a 106 and now find that Prassi wont see any compatible drives when I start it. It actuals see's the drives letter allocation but doesnt see it as a useable drive. I've tried updating drivers, firmwear and ASPI but nothing works. Any ideas?

2. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

Brovo with Prassi Primo program had to uninstal all Primo software re-boot reinstall software to get it to find the cd-recorder. would load printer, not cd-rw. No drive letter. worked for me. Primo DVD 2 came with the Brovo.
    sys-winXPp sp1a up sp2

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  3. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Which version of PrimoDVD did you install? I am having "run-time error '9' code problems.

4. kid_flow

kid_flow Member

I'm using a Pioneer DVR-106 with Primo Prassi 2.0 and I'm getting the same problem. When it scans buses it returns "No compatible Recorder drives have been found in this computer. I've unistallled, re-intstalled, and still have no luck. It's driving me nuts as I don't know how else to burn the multi-part .gi files I have. I've read Alcohol 120% can do .gi with a custom configuration but it looks like it can't handle multi parts. I'm very eager to find a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx, in advance. Kid Flow.

5. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

May I suggest using RecordNOW Max? I've been told by several sources that it's made by the same company, will burn *.gi files and is a much superior program all around. Support is "finished" for Prassi as the Company has sold the rights. I'd choose the higher-end product over Prassi PrimoDVD if it will do a better / same job and be a higher end product.

6. kid_flow

kid_flow Member

Thx Blk.,. I've Dloaded the 30 day trial of Record Now and it's working great. Very similar feel to Prassi. Looks like that's the route I'll go. Thx again for the suggestion. K-Flow

7. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

No worries mate..

Blk