1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prassi primodvd (also called stomp - recordnow max - i think in US)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by 'DMAN, Nov 28, 2001.

1. 'DMAN

'DMAN Member

Has any one used this software to copy *.vob file from HDD to dvd to make a dvd movie. I read on this forum that you could use this software to do that. if you can, what are the steps to do this burn? I'm a newbie but trying to learn...any help would be appreciated thanks!

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

you sure can. use the smartripper option 'backup' and copy the dvd to a directory named video_ts. Then start Primodvd and start a 'data' DVD session, drop the video_ts directory into it. I think Primo does a check to see if the structure is valid for video, then burns. Try it out on a RW media first.

3. MonsterT

MonsterT Member

I've tried both Veritas, and Primo DVD, and neither of them allow me to copy the VIDEO_TS folder. Here is the interesting thing. If I rename the folder, it writes just fine. Is this some sort of copy protection issue?

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

No. Your data probably isn't valid for DVD-video. PrimoDVD performs some integrity checks before burning the VIDEO_TS directory. Renaming the dir probably makes PrimoDVD think that it is a data dir and not DVD-video, hence no checking. I would say that something is going wrong in the ripping process.