1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by grywolf, Apr 24, 2004.

1. grywolf

grywolf Member

Wondering if anyone has ordered or know of anyone with an experience of ordering a pre mod Xbox from shop at chris? I have had nothing but excellent experience ordering backups from him for ps2....but those were $5 each - this is a few hundred. They claim its plug and play - i.e. don't have to flash it with new bio's or install dashboard etc. Any feed back would be appreciated.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

dashboards dont go on chips, they go on hard drives, so its imposible to say you dont need to change the dashboard, maybe they will send you an autoinstaller.

3. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

They must be installing all that stuff for you. Which is illegal by the way. thats why most people sell the system with the cromwell bios still on it only. I would imagin that they flash the bios (illegal) and install evox or simular dashboard (also illegal).

4. hckz4u

hckz4u Member

I didnt feel like taking hours to learn how to solder and mod the xbox so i was looking around for someone to do it for me. I found www.xboxmodzone.com, they did some really good work. Everything they do is custom and i actually was able to speak to the person doing the mod through aim. One of their techs is usually online with the sn xboxmodzone. They did some great external work on my xbox as well. They do ligthing and custom jewels for the top of the xbox. I messed it up once cause the xbox fell off of the top of my entertainment system, and so i messaged their tech, and i called him, he walked me though dissasembing it and we were able to actually fix it over the phone. All that had happened was a wire had come loose when it fell. I highly reccomend these guys!
    www.xboxmodzone.com