1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preferred DVD playback software for testing backups?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Balaam, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

What is it? Right now I'm using WinDVD 5 which came with my PC, and which also sucks for testing backups, especially vts files. I need something that designed for this purpose. TIA.

2. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Try upgrading WinDVD to 6.x.. I have the newest version and it plays back all my backups with virtually no problem (I get the few and far in between failures but those are generally by my own fault in the backup process)

Personally I did prefer PowerDVD for testing my backups but recently switched to WinDVD. Also, software dvd software is no replacement for actual testing of the backup on your standalone player.. I suggest testin with either PowerDVD or WinDVD , test burn backup to either DVD-/+ RW verify backup plays and burn to DVD-/+ R

3. alsie

alsie Guest

As a quick test I use Shrink to see if it would play all right or would get a error reading that it encountered a error. Takes around a minute or so to read the movie and can see which part has a error. Don't know if it would be what your looking for.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have Power DVD but prefer Nero Showtime, it seems to work better.