1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preflashed X2.2 Lite not preflashed?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by stressed, Sep 25, 2003.

1. stressed

stressed Member

Hey guys,

I just bought and installed an Xecutor 2.2 Lite into my Xbox and I'm sure it's soldered in properly because I've tested all connections using a multimeter, however, I'm getting the triple boot and green/red flashing symptom.. This doesn't make any sense to me. Is it possible that my X2.2 Lite did not come with a bios?

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Make sure number 4 switch is on and the other 3 are off on the switch block. Your chip came with a linux bios most likely. You need to find another bios to play homebrew software if thats what your after. But it should still boot without a modded bios. Check your dip switch settings

Matt

3. stressed

stressed Member

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Number 4 switch? It seems I only have 3 switches: 1.Bank Selection (1or2) 2.Protect/Unprotect 3.Enable/Disable .. Now when I disable (switch #3) the modchip, I'm able to boot fine into the factory MS dashboard, but when enabled I get that 3x boot problem. I've tried booting off both banks.. no luck. .. and the Protect/Unprotect switch shouldn't make a difference at this point. .. any other ideas?

Thx.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I have a xecuter pro. My dip switch block has 4 switches. Turn 1,2,3 off and 4 on to enable the mod. I turn 4 off to flash the chip. If you only have 3 then they must have changed the it. I know after I flash my mod bios it will give me a error until I switch the dip switch 4 back on. sorry I couldn't help

Matt

5. cdoug

cdoug Member

I bought the x-ecutor 2.2 lite plus got the green & blue lights to come on when the are supposed to and evrything. When I have the chip enabled I too get the triple startup with a black screen. Does this mean we got unflashed mod chips?

6. Lowride66

Lowride66 Guest

I don't kno for sure but will using S-Video with Cromwell throw errors!

7. stressed

stressed Member

An update:

I returned my modchip to the company from which I bought it and they tested the chip for me. They told me that the bios was "bad" and that they don't know whether it was shipped out to me as such or if I goofed it up when flashing it. I know for a fact that it was shipped to me this way because I never had the chance to even attempt flashing it since I could not get to the update screen.

The chip is on its way back to me and I expect to receive it shortly. I'll keep you guys posted.

8. stressed

stressed Member

To my pleasure, my modchip was in the mailbox when I got home last night. I plugged it in and it worked. So this confirms that not all X2.2 Lites come preflashed with a working bios. So be weary when you purchase Lite modchips. Make sure the company you are purchasing it from has a return policy in case your chip is biosless. Otherwise you'll have to dish out more cash for an external programmer.