1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preserving TrueHD & DTS-MA when ripping/converting

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Loganrun, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

i worked on this months ago without success, but am wondering if some software that is out now will accomplish what i want. i assume that clonebd will do it if and when it comes out.

essentially i just want to get rid of trailers and added content, and extra movie streams, like when they include a SD version for some reason, or the rated and unrated versions. I like having the menu and chapter selection though, and i may or may not compress the movie, depending.

in the past i had tried tsmuxer, and just stripped out the movie file, and it would allow you to keep the TrueHD file to create blu-ray files with, but i would not be able to get any sound. also, it strips out everything else including all the above mentioned items, and redoes the chapters. I could live with that, and free up a lot of hard drive space, if only I could use the TrueHD audio.

i saw one program that i hadn't seen before, clownbd, don't know about that one yet though.

Is anyone else trying to accomplish this, and if so, what software are you using?

Thanks!
    lr

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 7 lines of text.
    1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

3. odin24

odin24 Regular member

The latest tsMuxeR handles TrueHD properly now. Continue to use it, you should also load the MLPS file for the main movie, instead of the largest M2TS. This will help with seamless branching titles, and preserve original chapters.

http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.10.6.zip

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  4. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

10/4

5. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

sweet, thank you, so just add largest mlps file, and that will pull movie over?

thanks,
    rlr

6. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Not necessarily the largest MPLS files, you need to use either eac3to, or BD-info (I think that's what it's called) to determine which MLPS file corresonds to the main movie.

7. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

got bdinfo to find which playlist to use, and it works great, works on segmented movies too, TrueHD working just fine, previous versions would say it was there, but it wouldn't play, now works perfect.
    thanks a lot,
    lr

8. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Those "segmented" movies are called "seamless branching" titles.

9. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

so the 2 aforementioned HD audio formats are working great. unfortunately for some reason it's not translating 5.1 LPCM right though, it just comes through as stereo. still psyched though....
    thanks,
    rlr

10. odin24

odin24 Regular member

LPCM works fine as well... could it be a setting on your player/receiver that's not quite right?

11. Loganrun

Loganrun Member

really. my sound card, asus xonar hdav, initially only played LPCM in stereo, but after firmware upgrade, and driver too i think, it worked fine in 5.1, i'll double check that stuff, just installed new driver for that.
    thanks,
    rlr

edit: checked with full disc of movie and still wasn't playing 5.1 lpcm, idk what changed but it was working like a week ago, prob needs another driver update.
    thx

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009