1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prices

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Glitched, Oct 25, 2005.

1. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I really dont care which format wins the HD war. Actually, it would be better to have Bluray win, just for the higher capacity. I just hope that M$ isnt stupid and holds out just because Bluray is a sony product.

2. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I would expect microsoft to make BD becasue there like mainly bout pcs

3. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Yea, but if they try and incorporate HD-DVD's into the Xbox 360, they will have to support that format 100%. I think that would be a major mistake.

4. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Who ever supports blu-ray will win at the end for sure, HD-DVD isnt going to last, DVD-DL is getting old now b4 it was the talk of the town

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What makes you think that DVD-DL is dead. What do you do that takes up that much space?

Ced

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

IM just saying it was like super popular likw 2 months ago now hd-dvd and blu ray are taking the spotlight:)

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I didn't mean to sound rude, but everything (HDTV, SACD, DVD-A, HD-DVD, BD) that is happening seems wierd. There isn't a real demand for the products. Its all hype. To us here at AD these things cant come quick enough but to the technology ignorant part of the world its all out of left field and at times is down-right confussing.

Ced

8. Glitched

Glitched Guest

The Only thing i care about ,right now is cd-r(W) and Dvd-r,:),I dont really care for blu ray cause the size it ridiculess and same with dvd-dl, I still havent reached the 4 gig point in my cpus hdd

9. SirRanRap

SirRanRap Member

a bit late but 1000 usd is about 110000 yen :)
    just arived in japan about a week ago

10. 6m6a6

6m6a6 Member

The prices for the burners will be very expensive, it will be around £500 Pounds, and $1000 USD. If you wait a year after the release it will be cheaper.

11. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

There are things out there that require that much space, like having a PC as your home theater.

12. tarang

tarang Member

its gonna cost 1800 dollars in the usa

13. diabolos

diabolos Guest

14. ludeboy12

ludeboy12 Member

i cant wait to buy a blu ray or HD-dvd burner.....its not all about downloading movies and burning them....some people want these things for the shear backup space.

15. Jkhmmr

Jkhmmr Regular member

Then you should get that 3+TB disc. It's for commercial use so it's going to be expensive but I think you'd be hard pressed to fill one disc up.

16. got_boost

got_boost Guest

alright, this is how it is, blu-rays player we will see for $1900 starting, this is made by pioneer elite and available at only high end home theatre stores...no circuit city....and toshiba will make the first hd dvd player and they'll go for $500....from what i'm aware of is that both will be backwards compatible with dvds, but i'm not 100% sure...i'll keep everyone posted