1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer Drivers

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by simbad, Dec 12, 2005.

1. simbad

simbad Member

Hello 2 all!

I run Mac OS X Tiger. I have a problem when adding printers. I read in the apple website that the system already includes drivers for many different brands of printers. I checked the list and it included the printers I am trying to work with. My PBook recognizes the printers but is unable to let me work with them. When I try to set up them to the system, it sets the name, the location but it is asks me an option for ¨Print Using: ¨. I select automatic but it doesn´t allow it.

Anyone knows what´s going on?

Should I reinstall the system?

Any good ideas?

Thanx a lot for your help and for not using Windows,

Fito

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

what are the other options that it gives you when it says print using?
    what is your brand and model of printer?

may it pain you to know that the only person willing to help you is a windows user hahahaha lol

3. simbad

simbad Member

Ha, ha, ha! It doesn't pain me. Actually u guys that work with Windows are used to so much system-shit that u get to be really good when it comes to weird responses from the system.

It gives me an automatic option that doesn't let me use, an adobe option, an apple option and other option. It seems to me like only the drivers for Apple and Adobe were put in by the system cause when I try the other option, i go to a drivers folder and is empty.

I have a Brother MFC-3820CN and a HP Laserjet 1010. I went to the Brother website and downloaded and installed the driver. I can do all other options like scan, fax, etc but still not printing. Weird!

Thanx a lot for your time and help,

Fito

Note: Do u have an Apple too, a part from your PC?

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member