1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer Tweaking

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Roborappa, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

It pisses me off how Epson printers are so gay. It's all in for the money. I ran out of color ink, and here in Canada (eh?), it costs $20 for each ink cartridges. That's not the problem. I don't like buying individual cartridges because every one of my colors are low. (5%-0%-5%). Black is at 45%, replaced.

BUT,

Now because my color is low, I cannot print AT ALL. So, I was looking on Google, no help, but I was wondering if there was any type of tweak/hack/mod/something I can use to force it to print just black and white? Any help would be awesome.

It's getting way to expensive to buy ink every two months.

Thanks,

Roborappa

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

There is usualy an option to print in grey scale. Click on file\print there you should see a button called "prefrences". Click on that and look around for that print in grey scale (black and white). The computer only remembers those settings if you don't close that program.

If you want it to always print in in B/W then do the same things as above in the Printers and faxes area. Changing the settings there will make you have to manualy tell the computer to print color.

-Del

3. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

ok no, EPSON designs their printers to only allowing printing with both inks in stock, I've tried that method 100s of times nothing. I need color to print black and white. And what a better way to make money than force people to buy ink that they don't need when they only want to print B/W

Thanks Anyway.

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

FYI. Its not just Epson that does that. ALL inkjet printers require all ink cartriges to be present in order to print at all.

Sorry I misunderstood your first question. I understand it now and should have given the answere I put in this reply.

-Del