1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing a design on blank discs

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bravedave, Mar 21, 2005.

1. bravedave

bravedave Member

Hi there, this is my first post. After a long time contemplating the size of this place I decided that this section was the most relevant for my question but of course, if there's somewhere better please move it there.

Basically, I am shortly going to produce a DVD which I want to sell. Of course, I want each disc to have printed text and maybe a picture on it rather than its title scribbled in pen but I have had difficulty finding companies who can do this for me. Of the ones I have found I have been quoted £2.50 per disc.

I'm new to all this but this amount of money sounds quite a lot for a simple ink design. I would like to know if anyone here can reccommend a good company from which I can get bulks of 100 discs at a time imprinted with a simple design, either black and white or colour, for a better price than £2.50 per disc.

Thanks a lot for your time,
    Dave

2. tmog

tmog Member

You should have posted this message under DVD-R for newbies. I've seen printable DVDRs for .30 cent USD online.

3. bravedave

bravedave Member

Ahh, sorry man, if a mod or admin sees this please fell free to move it.

As for your .30 cent per disk sighting, do you mean per actual blank DVD or do you mean that they actually print a design onto the DVD for that much?

Any info (and websites) will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ever thoguht of printing yourself? or is it just to many to do? not sure of your setup?

but as you are burning a disc print one!

coverXP is a good easy app to size the picture for cd and case covers etc! load pictures and print thats it!

also you can buy printers that use the disc not paper! put disc in it prints and pops it out for next one!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  5. bravedave

bravedave Member

Yeah man, I looked into printing them myself but the problem is as you say, far too many. I want to burn hundreds of these discs to sell online and I'm sure that the equipment and ink needed to do it myself would be much more than if I got someone else to.

I was just surprised at how few places actually offer to print or burn a design onto discs and wanted to know if you lot know any more so I can compare prices.

Any references would be much appriciated but if not then thank you for your time anyway :)