1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing directly onto a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bklyn1028, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

anyone have experience with direct dvd printing / "ink jet printable dvd's"?

2. k9cmjh

k9cmjh Guest

I am also experiencing difficulties...I have just bought an Epson r200 series injet for printing straight onto dvd/cd. It comes with it own software, however I can't seem to import/open my image files that I would like to print onto the disk. It will only let me open the samples that Epson provides. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I am going wrong or any other software that would be more helpful....thnx in advance!

3. beltline

beltline Regular member

Open your software. Then click on "Import", then click on "Picture". Then click on the "Browse" button to go to the folder you have your labels in.

4. k9cmjh

k9cmjh Guest

hey thnx for a speedy reply....that is what I did (as well as tried to "open") however, my images don't seem to be supported because the samples are all .ec3 format, so they are not recignised by the epson software - I was thinking it may be easier to download alternative software

5. beltline

beltline Regular member

That's sort of weird. You don't get a *.ec3 until you save a label (with the exception of the one's preinstalled). I only see *.ec3's when I click the FOLDER icon. So you're saying you're clicking on the import tab above the folder icon? If so, then you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Mine can see *.jpg, *.bmp, etc.

6. k9cmjh

k9cmjh Guest

hey dunno why it worked but I rebooted my computer (had already rebooted after the software install) and dvd software worked. printed onto the wrong sort disc will buy printable tomorrow. cheers for all the help m8

k9

7. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

But what about the quality of these "special" discs that you have to buy, how is the media

8. beltline

beltline Regular member

?What special discs are you referring to? If you mean the printables. Mine have all been coded the same as the unprintable's. Ridata G05 come up the same with both the printables and the non-printables. At least the two batches I bought came up the same. But I guess like everyone they could easily change and have multiple manufactuers of the same disc's.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  9. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

iuse verbatim 8x +r'..could count on less than one hand the errors, was wondering if the printable were the same quality