1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing zoomed in photos

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by brasseaux, Sep 9, 2004.

1. brasseaux

brasseaux Member

how can I print a photo as large as the zoom in on my screen. when I zoom in, I can see the person in the picture better but can't print what I'm looking at. Do I need to crop the picture than enlarge it? Probably the zoom in is larger than I can print.

2. omronguru

omronguru Guest

HI! You should be able to print to anysize within reason, you have to remember screen resolution and print resolution work very differently. It sounds like you are suffering some sorta pixelation, without knowing what the image is like it is hard to say, if the person is only a small proportion of the frame then on a 15cmx10cm print they will look small, in which case you will need to magnify in your photo editor and crop the area you want, but this is when if you have a low resolution image you may run into pixelation probs. One solution to this is to get hold of a plugin called Genuine Fractals, you can down load a trial copy from the Altamira web site, this uses a mathematical algorithm to better increase the size than the magnify command, I have used this program to zoom 10x15 prints to A3 size very successfully. Hope this helps if not leave more details, camera type, print size, photo editing software etc.