1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Privacy Software Effective? Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Dunsky, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Dunsky

Dunsky Guest

I have been using a bunch of different privacy progs recently to clean up my computer...

Webroot Window Washer, Baku, CrapCleaner, All in One Cleaner, Ashampoo WinOptimizer, Privacy Eraser, Spyware Doctor, Registry Mechanic, Supercleaner, Ad-Aware, good old disk cleanup etc....

The problem is that if I run them one after the other, programs seem to see files that other programs have already claimed to have erased... or they are finding new files that the previous ones failed to find which begs the question of what else they are missing...

I have also heard that there is information in DOS that relates to internet activity and I don't know if any of these programs take care of that...

Finally, when I run disk cleanup, it tells me that I have .98 TB of error reporting files I can clean up, which is impossible since I only have a 100 GB harddrive, so those files aren't there, but each time I run disk clean up those numbers go up?

I know it's a bunch of questions, I just didn't want to muddy up the forums, please help with any or all of these if you can....

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

4. Dunsky

Dunsky Guest

Ok, thanks for moving it... er... now can anyone help me?