1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably bin done before but...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MervinJ, Apr 12, 2005.

1. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

Can somebody please tell me what the significance of the buffers on the ISO write mode of DVD Decrypter??(Both of them)In simpletons terms please.
    Also why would my burner change its write speed from 2.4X(when set at 2.4X) to 1.7X??

Thanks.
    MervinJ

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you're right, it's been done to death before..!.

have a look in search at top of page, you'll find lots of good threads detailing this. And simpletons terms too as believe me i like simple explanations myself; i get enough complexity at work :)

3. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

Mate I am sorry its just a bit daunting sifting through all the irrelevant stuff to find the exact piece of info that I want.

MervinJ

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I find that searching through Google and including afterdawn in my search to work better.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@MervinJ - i self-taught myself Solaris administration, was daunted for quite a while as was learning on the job and fighting almost daily crashes of main Production box. Google became my best friend and virtually only helper. Google still is my primary tool 5yrs later and i'm still doing Solaris (not sacked yet!) and a bit of Linux to show i can do new stuff.. there's not a lot you can't find in google, granted there's usually too much irrelevence or extra stuff you don't want or need, but you get used to it. If i can do it, anyone can!

:)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  6. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

Thanks Squizzle and Creaky.Will see how I go.

MervinJ