1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably Gonna Have To Quit!! It Sucks!! :-(

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Looks like come september I am going to have to stop posting like I usually do! My last year in school and it is indeed time to knuckle down and do some work. Unfortunately I wont be taking a paper or divx or vcd or p2p! The reason why i may stay away from the forum altogether is because when I post 1 message i see another and decide to post quick and before i know it its 8:00am (it is now!) and I havent slept yet! Have i done that on school nights?? Yes i have!

I enjoy posting here because I have met a lot of friends here and my own knowledge on everything the forum covers has shot up through the sky! Sometimes i get fed up of the place and go start chatting a lot but that gets more boring more easily so I'm back here rather fast and enjoy it just as much! It's like automatic now when i have nothing to do, click in the address bar, hit the delete key and type http://forums.a and then just hit down and return and here i am, lol. Then it is straight to the vcd/svcd which i must admit is my favourite!

I dunno what I'm goona do lol, this is my place to go when i have nothing to do but now it looks like the place to go will be the books and man i hate studying! I will still definately keep in contact with u guys i met here, VCD, Loaded, JoKeR_MaN, MrSheen03, Hazza (aqsg72), jice, Darthnip, Phantom and all the rest of yas! I'll stay on #ad_buddies and come in for a trivia round and a chat lol! Probably will hand over the channel founder status to someone else who i know will keep the place going!

Anyways, just was thinking about it right now and decided to post about it cause it pisses me off to be honest! Over the next 2 months i'm gonna post as much as possible and throw a few guides i have been working on, up!

I wont be gone just not posting as much, probably little. And those of you who know me know that if i say i am going to post on the forum, i dont mean a couple of messages I mean a few hours so a few will make it pretty much meaningless. Damn school to hell! and damn the leaving certificate even more!

Now that I have the chance also I have a couple of things to say!

Thanks to all of you, even the guys who i didnt get on with, cause you give me something to do and i think i'm good at now! Thanks to Afterdawn for giving me the knowledge i have gained. This place brought me from newbie up and i consider myself up pretty high now!

Thnx to dRD and the other admin's/mods who didnt ban me when i deserved to be on several occasions where i said things without thinking in arguments and stuff. Also thanks because I have learned to control myself not only on the forum but in my life too! Especially thanks to Paul (aka Loaded) who during the whole me/joninio thing settled it and probably saved me from being banned!! Thanx everyone!! :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  2. Jice

Jice Guest

don't worry about a thing Dela, the books will get you to point to where you can choose between taking a job for 100,000 pounds or working for peanuts and loving exactly what you do. Carpe Diem!

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

man Dela, i love ya to death bro but i just gotta say STFU!! you can't slack off, you gotta be here. i'm twice your age and i still do the same stuff as far as staying up all night doing "stuff". whether it's on here or IRC, i never sleep either, and i got a wife, job, and 4 kids to deal with.c'mon man, people like us can handle doing 500 things at once and actually enjoy the pressure and chaos in our lives. i know i wouldn't have it any other way, even though i'm always tired, or run down, or grouchy. still, we need this chaos. over the past few years i've got my A+, Network+, and MCP certs all while never sleeping. you can do it man. maybe you're in a weird mood, who knows, it will pass. there are 3 kinds of computer people in the world man, those that know enough to screw shit up, those that are pretty good and can learn easily, then there is us, the ones that wish they had a plug in the back of their heads so keyboards would be pointless. I know I am the latter, and i'd bet money you've pondered the idea of "plugging in" yourself. there is no reason why you cant juggle school and the life you know on here (and elsewhere). now, enough of this silly business, go forth and post young man, there's a list out there that you belong on the top of.

4. Dela

lol, Darth i have 5 years of work to catch up on and about 6 months to do it so basically i gotta work 12 times more than i ever was lol, And my school semm upset about something on my school report man! And this no sleeping crack is really making me feel odd, i cant see colours normally anymore or anything lol! As for this list i belong to, i'm proud of it because i dont need to pretend anything, i dont need to post where there is no need to post, i can get it through straight up help! So those who think otherwise can think again! See ya on IRC man!

5. darthnip

5 years in 6 months you say? no problem, we can round up a bunch of us in the channel, and you pass out homework, and we'll all help ya get thru it. and colors are overrated anyway. you might not be around as much, but dont say you're going to quit, it just aint in you man. this is your nature, you might have other junk to deal with for a while, but you can't ignore whats real. try catching zzz's 2 hours a night, i started doing that a year or so ago and i feel like a new man! now i'm back to where i can go 3-4 days on nothing, then 2 hours does me right (that and the guy that sells crack on the corner). and of course coffee coffee coffee, fluid of life. dont get bummed out dude, school is just a temporary hell.

6. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Dela, take my advice and make school a priority. You may not have to give up posting on aD completely, but it should not take up all of your time.. I haven't had very much time for aD as of late, but I have to do what I have to do to survive! I start college in the fall, so on top of working full time and studying constantly for my certifications, I will then have school to worry about, not to mention a very demanding & needy girlfriend! Life does not end because you can't post on aD! maybe if you get out of the house more you can meet your perfect girl.. she will eventually turn into a nag, but until then it'll be fun!

;-)

7. darthnip

hey VCD, dont worry, the demanding and needy girlfriend thing will end, then they turn into very demanding, needy, bitchy, ungrateful, and overbearing wives! then it's all downhill from there, until you find a good spot to stash the body. ;)

8. Dela

lol women!

Anyways, We'll see what happens, i'm pretty good at studying i can learn stuff easy enough thank god so maybe i wont be gone as much as i first suspected but i definately wont be posting like i am now! Actually I have a slight feeling that so far this week has been my biggest so far, because i have posted everywhere (excepot the ps2 forum, not going back for anything lol) and i looked at the vcd/svcd forum and the first 3 pages were almost all me besides 3 or 4 on the third page, the first 2 had me as the last poster each time, its crazy posting that much i can admit! Anyways i'm probably going to be working with something to do with computers so my time here is good for me too! Learned lots of stuff and the main lesson, never take what is said on a forum seriously (good advice dRD) even if it does make u close your fist as a first reaction lol! Just remember whoever it is is at a lower level than you right now so dont stoop to it! God i go on and on when i'm tired dont i? lol time for bed, nite/morning/whatever :D!

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

You can do it m8 !

If you really want to, you can do everything in live !

10. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Didnt quite get to know you so well as other may have... but it was kinda humorous to see Dela damn near everywhere....

Take care and study well, if you go to university you definitely gotta give up this mass posting stuff or you will find out that the first exam will be a kinda hard hehe (heck i should follow my own advice)

11. Dela

We'll see what happens!

12. nik99

nik99 Regular member

study hard ..dude...
    but have become addicted to seeing ur name everywhere...so dont slow down sudenly
    or vl all have withdrawal symptoms...
    cheers
    nik

13. Dela

lmfao, if i can figure out how to study while using aD i wont be gone at all mate ;-) lol