1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem after burning..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jtizz, Mar 7, 2005.

1. jtizz

jtizz Member

I have just made a DVD onto a Sony DVD+R. I had extracted the files from .ISO and used DVD Shrink then Neero to make this DVD. I pop it into my DVD player and it loads, but it is screwed up. The screen is split up into about 8 horizontal bars almost like bad tracking on a VHS. Is this a problem with the media I am using (DVD+R?). Should I try DVD-r? Please help!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK.. One step at a time..
    When you extract the files from the ISO on to your hard drive can you play the movie files from your computer to make sure the actual files you have arent corrupt to begin with? If they play fine from there then we need to look at the way you processed the files. You say you ran them threw Shrink.. I guess my question would be why? Are the files to large to fit on a blank DVD5 disk? Next what is the brand of media you are using? Does the DVD have the same problems when you play it in your computer as it does when playing in your stand alone DVD player?

3. jtizz

jtizz Member

Ok from the start..
    First I had an .img file. I burned that to Sony DVD+R. It did that weird horizontal line thing on my DVD player. Opened it on my computer it played fine, except with spanish subtitles.
    So I renamed the .img file to .iso and extracted audio_ts and video_ts. The I opened that in Shrink to remove the subtitles. Then I burned it from Shrink using Nero.. (I forget the exact option) to another Sony DVD+R.
    The same result was happening on my DVD player. When I put the DVD in my computer it played fine without any spanish subtitles. This is why I'm wondering if I should be using different media? Watching it on my computer isn't exactly what I wanna do.
    Hope this helps you help me. lol.

4. jtizz

jtizz Member

I was also burning at 2.4speed if that helps.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK where did you get the file? It sounds like it may be in PAL format and your trying to watch it in your NTSC player or the other way around depending on where you are located. Is this possible?

6. jtizz

jtizz Member

I am in Canada, so I am probably using the NTSC. I got the file from a torrent. If this is the case, am I just f**ked or is there a way to convert it?

7. jtizz

jtizz Member

Is there a way to check if it's PAL?

8. jtizz

jtizz Member

Don't give up on me! lol

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

10. jtizz

jtizz Member

LOL.
    Looks like we research the same way. I was already browsing that site byt the time you replied. I have read a "quickfix" method using IFOEdit. I'm trying that right now.. if it doesn't work I may just give up.. I don't want to get into long cenversion tasks using 5 different programs!