1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up Friday night lights

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dawiz55, Jan 18, 2005.

1. walnut187

walnut187 Member

i see where Dawiz55 asked on what movie was i trying these programs on. Its Friday Night Lights that i have been trying to do, but with no luck and I do have all the newest versions of dvd decrypter,dvd shrink, anydvd, nero and vob blanker. but i have had no luck

2. walnut187

walnut187 Member

What is really weird is that I had no problem with Forgotten today. I used dvd shrink and that was it, and I wasnt running anydvd in the background like I am trying now with this friday night lights.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All I can guess is its a flaw in the DVD somtimes happens. Make sure its clean and scratch free even if it is it still could be a flaw in the DVD. I dont know what else it could be cause I used both Decrypter and AnyDVD to see if both worked for Friday Night Lights and they did.

4. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I wonder if my settings are the same as yours?
    When I did Forgotten earlier today I took it straight out of the box and into my dvd drive and used DVDShrink an it made a perfect copy, I seen other ppl were having problems with Forgotten but I didn't, but Friday Night Lights is a whole other story, I took it straight from the box and into the drive and ran dvdshrink and got nothing so i said to myself " here we go again ", I have reinstalled DVD Decrypter again, and I am using it now with the latest Anydvd and i guess we will see what happens in a few minutes or more. Do you set anything on dvd decrypter? I have been using it just the way it comes.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Myself I dont but there are guides out there to help you set up decrypter so it rips better then default settings. I had problems with The Forgetten with DVD Decrypter but ran AnyDVD after decrypter failed and it worked.

6. lordlust

lordlust Member

Odd stuff going on I say. Some have problems with The Fogotten, Some with Friday Night. Mine lies with the Forgotten. No freakin' luck no matter what I do (haven't tried anydvd). My best guess is each of us have some type of software issue and not nessacarily the programs we are using trying to burn these disks.

Me I am running XP pro with all updates, aol instant messanger, and the programs I need to burn with. Nothing else is on this machine so damned if I know where the conflict is coming from.

guess I will go and get anydvd just so I can burn these problem child dvd's that show up on occasion.

LL

7. lordlust

lordlust Member

Never mind. I opened my big mouth to soon. I get the invalid handle with Friday.

Crap.

LL

8. walnut187

walnut187 Member

Ok, I just used dvd decrypter with anydvd in the background, then i opened dvd shrink to comprezss the files so they will fit on a 4.7 gig disks, i run dvd shrink and it analyses then when it starts to encode it fails, said the handle is invalid or something. But on the little preview screen i see a little man running what is that?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

That is the encryption that is stoping you from backing up the DVD. Open up DVDShrink again and anylize it. Go to unrefrenced material folder that DVDSHrink shows in backup window. There you will see the little man running when you play the files in there. Still image them and then try to encode.

10. walnut187

walnut187 Member

Ok, here it is. I used Dvd decrypter with the latest anydvd in the background and then opened dvd shrink to compress the files and had no luck, BUT, i went back into dvd shrink and opened the files again and chose reauthor instead of full disk and as i speak it is encoding it, where before it wouldnt get this far, i really want to get the full disk so i guess I will kepp working on it, but I will post to say whether or not it finishes.

11. sindone

sindone Member

on bourne supremacy we had the same problem with the little man running and we just replaced that file with a still image. This is done using shrink, find that particular file, and then replacing it selecting still image. Not really sure though because I havent tried forgotten or friday night lights yet. I'll let you know when I do.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@ Walnut try the above action that I wrote when you try full backup again.

13. walnut187

walnut187 Member

Is that little boy with the shorts on flipping me the bird before he runs off? I swear he is.
    Well that lil boy is in the unrefrenced material i see what you are saying but he is also in the root menu and other places so removing unreferencec material isnt going to remove the lil brat is it?

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I romved him in my DVD Copy only in the unrefrenced material when i backed up friday_night_lights Maybe that is what i did diffrent then others I forgot I did that. But anyway try it and see.

15. walnut187

walnut187 Member

replace with a still image?
    sorry i dont know how to do that.

@larry
    so on unreferenced materials on friday night lights what do i do?

oh yeah and it works just fine since i did a reauthor but havent got full disk yet

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Ok in the unrefrenced folder click it so the tree expandes and shows you the files under it. Now highlight the first file and hit play in your window you will see the guy running now in compression setting on the right hand side pull down the menu and click on still image.

On mine the 2 files I brought to still image under unrefrenced material was

Title Menus and VTS 11 Under the unrefrenced material

So highlight one at a time and un the right hand side pull the compression pull down menu and click still image.

17. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

i couldn't backup friday night lights even after using dvd decrypter...i'm going to try an older version of dvd shrink

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Post the log that Decrypter gave you.

19. dvdtim

dvdtim Member

In regard to Friday Night Lights, I tried the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. Neither one worked. Finally the combo for Friday Night Lights was using anydvd and clone dvd. It took a while but worked great.

20. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

i downloaded a previous version on dvd shrink and i was able to back up monday night lights..