1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up Troy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Gamerover, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Gamerover

Gamerover Guest

im using Any DVD and CloneDVD2 it will read 14% then a error comes up anything else i can do?

on Clone DVD2 i have the error

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Clean and wipe the disk.
    Try reading with another drive.

I had this problem yesterday with an older DVD. I had to disable AnyDVD and try a different reader to get around the problem. I was using a good reader (Lite-On) but it wouldn't get past a read error at 49% even by forcing. AnyDVD gave an error saying it couldn't analyze the disk either. I disabled AnyDVD and cleaned the disk. It had obvious skuffs. Still no getting past the read error. I tried my NEC 3500AG as the reader and no problems.

3. J_man

J_man Regular member

4. jtigerr

jtigerr Member

HI

I just backed up troy today using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. The onlt problem I had was at certin points in the movie (during Playback) it freezes. Does any one know what I did wrong?

Thanks

5. J_man

J_man Regular member

What's your write speed in decryptor set at?
    Make sure you are at 4X or slower
    Whats your file size set to in Shrink?
    Set size to custom and enter 4300
    What DVD media are you using?
    sounds like you might be using cheap media.

6. jtigerr

jtigerr Member

Ok I am using TDK DVD-R
    My write speed is set to max
    The file size in shrink was 3886 I think I only put the movie on the disk (no extras)

7. J_man

J_man Regular member

Ok I am using TDK DVD-R (what speed is the Media 2x,4x,8x or 16)
    If it's 8x or 16x with the setting at max its writing to fast set your write speed in decryptor to (4x)

The files size is not to large then if your just ripping the movie but if you go to do a full back up with shrink make sure you change the file size to 4330 so it does not write all the way to the edge of the dvd.

8. jtigerr

jtigerr Member

The media (I assume you mean the DVD compatiblity) is 4X.

Sorry I am new at this and I am not up with the lingo yet. I hpe this is the info you were looking for.

9. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

I just got done using shrink and nero and was able to burn troy without any problems, and i`m burning at 2.3x on a maxwell +r 8x blank dvd, my burner is a Artec 24x write.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  10. router

router Guest

I just tried coping Troy using xpress ver 3.0.2 and it errored in reading at around 58%. Same with the last couple I have tried. Anyone know whats up and if there is a fix for this? Thanks

11. J_man

J_man Regular member

12. router

router Guest

Thanks J_man, but what exactly is the process. Do I use Shrink first and then decrypt? I read your previous notes on speed settings. I'm as far as you can get from being a PC guru, but willing to learn.
    Thanks

13. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the disk to your hard drive. Under the File menu change the setting to ISO Read.
    Use DVD Shrink to reauthor and compress the ripped ISO (image) file. Under the File menu select Open Image and then browse and find the file ripped using Decrypter. Burn the Shrink mastered image or files with Decrypter or Nero.

See one of the many free guides available here and elsewhere for details and step by steps.

14. Gamerover

Gamerover Guest

ok i used DVD decrypter and ripped to my HD i open DVD shrink and it cant compress it to 4464mb the file is to big 6997mb with no extras what am i doing wrong? i also dont have the Disc anymore so its just ripped to my hd

15. Gamerover

Gamerover Guest

is there anyway to back-up on two discs? to cut down on size

16. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I don't understand why DVD Shrink cannot compress the file. On the right side of the DVD Shrink window there should be header that says "Compression Settings." Under that it says Video and there is a drop menu. It should say "Automatic." If not, choose "Automatic" from the menu. This should compress the file so that it will fit on 1 disk. On the left side of the window it should show the compressed file sizes. You can also eliminate the extras and keep on the main title by reauthoring. See one of the many DVD Shrink guides available at this site as well as many others. Also check under the Edit Menu for Preferences and that Target DVD Size is set to DVD-5 or Custom with 4430 entered in the box.

17. ricoman

ricoman Member

I would check your original disc for scratches. I backed-up Troy to both DL and SL media, using AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 without a problem. Have you updated AnyDVD lately? There has be several updates in recent months. What are you using as a reader and/or burner? By the way, say you have CloneDVD2? You should be able to split it to 2 discs with that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005