1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning .avi to VCD with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by seahawks, Dec 24, 2003.

1. seahawks

seahawks Member

Ok, this is my first time here cause I need help. I was trying to burn a movie into a VCD and when it reaches 64% done, it just stops. Twice. So Im really clueless because Im not a pro at knowing about these type of things and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im thinking its the file itself because it stops at a certain frame and the sounds/voices keep rolling so I need to pause/play to get to the frame its suppose to be at. Anything to help out this situation would be deeply grateful. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

well it sounds like you have a Corrupted AVI file..If it was downloaded off the net then that is what the Problem probably is...It is Probably a Blessing in Disguise because the Nero VCD Encoder is the worse encoder in the World...well you can try to Fix the File by useing something like "DivX-Fix" or try to use something else to convert it to VCD like Tmpgenc....

3. seahawks

seahawks Member

Will it help if I convert it?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Actually I Think it is Something else Now..I just rememnered that Nero Needs you to Cut your Movies into Parts before Putting them on CD-R because you can not fit a whole movie on a Single CD-R..It is Probably stopping at 64% because it has Reached the Max file size when converting...You will need to use an AVI Editor Like Virtual Dub first then Do each Half of the Movie one at a Time...

5. seahawks

seahawks Member

Its actually disc one of a 2-disc movie. >.< The file is recorded as 52:12 and 499 MB when it was burning. Maybe that'll help out the problem.

I also tried fixing it. I got over some problems but there are two spots that are still a problem. Is there a way to overrun it or delete/skip that part?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]- Annoy-mous -[/small]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2003