1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning Disc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by opticwire, Nov 13, 2004.

1. opticwire

opticwire Member

Hello, I am pretty new to burning, so I'm sorry if my thread is in the wrong topic, or if my question has been answered, but for now I'm not sure where this belongs. I have a movie file (2 parts) and they are bin/cue files. My bins are 823 mb's, so that is my first problem. What I want to do, is backup this movie to a cd-r, and play on dvd players. I know there are certain dvd players that will not play burnt discs, but I'm not sure of the criteria.

My question is, what is the best and easiest way to take my bin/cue files, and burn them to cd-r, and be able to watch them on a dvd player? If not a standalone, i should be able to watch them on my PC at least. Sorry for the lack of knowledge here, but thanks in advance to any helpers.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The "best" way is to use any application (Nero, CDRWin, Alcohol 120% set on 'normal CD'...) and use a good media (not a cheap one) burning, for safery, 2X, so even lame DVD players can well read a CD.
    The only problem is that VCDs are read by all players, while SVCDs are not.
    Remember that on a CD fit 360,000*2352 bytes of raw image! (and NOT 700 MB, which is true only for simple files, 700 MB = more or less 360,000*2048 bytes).

If you want to keep the movies on your PC, convert the \MPEGAV (\MPEG2) movies (AVSEQxx.dat (mpg)) of the CDs (or the 'mounted' image) to 'true mpeg' with VCDGear, as writen in the 'sticky' thread "I have a strange DAT file.. what can I do?".

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004