1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning DTS WAV files to a CDR

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by lbtschnr, Sep 8, 2009.

1. lbtschnr

lbtschnr Member

Hi,
    I have some .wav files which contain DTS 5.1 audio. When I play them in my car, all I hear is white noise. I tried copying them to a CDR as both DATA and MUSIC and neither works. I was successful doing this a few years ago, and I'm not sure why it is not working now. My car definitely plays other DTS 5.1 CD's that I've burned on the same computer. The only thing that seems different now is that when I burn the files as MUSIC, it launches WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, which ends up doing the actual burn, and I dont remember this happening a few years ago when all was working well. Thanks much in advance.

P.S. I tried the same process with other DTS files and am having the same problem so I dont think the problem is with this one particular group of songs...

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

i don't think WMP can burn DTS 5.1 audio CDs. that might be your problem. what program did you use to burn the other DTS audio CDs you have that play in your car? Are you sure that they are DTS audio CDs and not just stereo audio CDs? I just wonder because I have never seen or heard of a car stereo that can play DTS audio CDs.

3. lbtschnr

lbtschnr Member

I cant remember how I copied them to CD a few years ago but Im pretty sure it was NOT windows media player. I cant seem to use a direct windows copy function - it always seems to invoke WMP. Is there another way to copy to CD? I think I also tried Rhapsody which had the same problem.

When I put a 5.1 DTS disc in my car the display changes to "DTS" so I know it can play them. If I take the old DTS CD's that work fine in my car and try to play them on a normal CD player all I hear is white noise.

Im pretty sure my problem is with the way I am copying them, but not sure how else to do it. I've tried 3 or 4 different shows and keep getting the same result.