1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning dvd movies to a disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by schooley, Feb 21, 2004.

1. schooley

schooley Member

Hi;

I was wondering if somebody can help me out. I burn my movies to my hard drive using dvd shrink version 2.3 then burn them to a disk using nero 5.5.10.35. However they burn fine to the hard drive, but when I burn them to a disk they never work when I try to play them on my XBOX(I dont have a dvd player, so I play all my dvd's on my XBOX). I have only burned two movies, the first didnt work on the XBOX but worked when I played it on my computer. The second didnt work on the XBOX and didnt work on the computer, in fact the computer said that there was no information on the disk even though it took the regular amout of time to burn it. My dvd writer is both + and - so I dont think that should be a problem. Is it that I'm using nero wrong. When I load nero a box comes up that says new compilation and I click New, then on the left of the screen it says ISO1_DVD then uner that it says NEW with a picture of a disk to the left of it. On the right of the screen it says File Browser. What I do is highlight all the movie files related to the movie I want to burn then drag them to the left side of the screen to where it says NEW with the picture of the disk beside it. Then I got to file, and click on Write CD. Then it starts burning.
    Would any body be able to tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well I would start by getting a current version of Shrink which will automatically interface with Nero. You might also try a -R for your Xbox. As a side note there are many $35 players out there that play anything you throw at them.

Maybe reading this guide would then help.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

schooley,

When you are in New Compilation, under DVD choose "DVD Video", not ISO.

Then, you should be on the right track :))

Pete