1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem "burning from file" with DVD shrink and decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dyl04, Nov 1, 2004.

1. dyl04

dyl04 Member

Hi there

I have just begun to use my new system for dvd backup. For commercial cd's, using scubapete's guide, everything has been smooth. The DVDs backup nicely and play on all of my players. I have experienced a new problem however. A friend of mine asked me to back up a dvd for him, and so he ripped it and transferred the files for me (in a VIDEO_TS folder). I use DVDshrink the same way, except instead of choosing "open disc", I chose "open files". Everything worked the same way as it does when vurning from another dvd, however, when I try to play it on my standalone players, It tells me I have a disc error. Any ideas why this happened? Oh, and one other thing, when DVD shrink is analysing and creating the ISO file, under decryption status it says "no decryption", or something of that sort. Is this part of the problem, is there a solution? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dyl

2. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

May be your media is bad... try burning it again. Also, if you have Neor, try to burn DVD by using burn DVD-Files options.

Hope this helps.

Sam~

3. dyl04

dyl04 Member

Well here's the thing. This has happened more than once. I have burned 4 or 5 DVD-R's from actual commercial DVD's, with no problems. I have tried to burn two different DVD-R's from files (different movies too!), once with Nero smartstart, once with DVD decrypter, and both times got the same result... DVD's that work on my comp but no where else. I don't think the media is the problem. Any other thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  4. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

Hi there,

Actually I am facing the samw problems, that is, anything I burn only runs on my DVD burner and no where eles. This wasn't a case a week ago.
    I did some research and here are the most frequent solutions:
    1) Update the firmware of you dvd Burner
    2) Update the burning software
    3) try different media (TDK, VERBATIM AND RITEK recommended).

I have tried all these things, but has not helped me. You can try them. Also, I am communicating with my DVD vendor and Nero, so if i hear anything, I will definitely let you know.

Take care

5. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

@dyl04

Hey there,

I don't know if your problem is solved or not; however, I contacted my drive's manufacturing and after long process of exchanging email, my drive is burning everything perfectly.

Here are the steps I followed:

1) Update you drive's firmware (check on your manufacturer's website)

2) Update your burning software

3) make sure there are no progrmas running in the background.. you can use famous ctrl+atl+delete to terminate the programs

4) Update your ASAPI layer : http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...oduct/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_v471.exe&sess=no

When you open the downloaded zip file, an ASPI layer will automatically unzip to the ADAPTEC folder on the "C" drive. Run file named 'ASPIINT.EXE' (I am assuming you have Win XP).

5) Update your IDE controller chipset drivers. Goto your motherboard manufacturers website... they will have some update.

These steps solved my problem.. I hope that these help you too. If your problem persist, contact your drive's manufacturer.

Good Luck

Sam~