1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning movie to dvd+r using xcopy platinum 4.0.3.8

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by usa180, Jun 22, 2004.

1. usa180

usa180 Guest

Hello and help!! I recently downloaded the update for xcopy (platinum) and it is working great for 99% of my burns. The problem is that on this one movie, I have tried to burn three different times (Before update and after) and it always stops 55% of the way and either comes back saying that the dvd is unreadable or that it is encrypted. This is a six disk set and disk three and six have done the same thing. Can't figure out why it freezes up and quits with the error box. Any suggestions would be helpful. usa180

2. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

What movie? and how much free HDD space do you have?

3. usa180

usa180 Guest

Hard drive space is over 60. Movie is disk three and six of CSI: first season

4. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Ok, My expereince with xcopy has told me that some episodics ccant be copied with the software.
    Try using DVD Decrypter to rip and DVD Shrink or Nero Recode2 to burn.
    This should give you the desired results.

5. usa180

usa180 Guest

ok. If I download the dvd decrypter then I need to download the DVD shrink also? If so will these be on my desktop or will I need to go into my programs to make them work. ????????

6. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

During the installation the programs will add a shortcut to the desktop, like most programs do or at least give you the option.

Try using [bold]DVD Decrypter to rip[/bold] and [bold]DVD Shrink or Nero Recode2 to burn[/bold].

This means that drcryptor will remove css and copy the dvd to the HDD and SHrink will compress the movie if needed and write it to the blank dvd.

7. usa180

usa180 Guest

Thank you for all the advice sucker. It was helpful. I seemed to have found the problem. For what ever the reason, when I use the normal cd-rom drive to do the reading, it can't,won't, whatever, read past that point using platinum or decrypter. So I simply put the movie in the burner and let it read it. It had no problem and was even Much faster than the other. So the problem seems to have been fixed, but it is nice now to have not only platinum, but also decrypter to use. Again ty for all the help. usa180

8. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

You stated that you used the normal cd rom to burn.

Platinum does not work with cd-roms, only dvd-rom or dvd-/+r/rw.

Although you are new to the dvd world, you must learn the lingo, please try, as it can become very confusing to those who are trying to assist you.

Congratulations and much success with your DVD burning.
    We are always here when you need us and welcome to the FORUM.

9. Gretta

Gretta Guest

hi there i am reading all post in here on dvd x copy platinum.

I have still not been able to copy anything yet

I am going to try it one more time today.
    it does everything but copy :(

i notice you ask about the hd321sucker
    i have 2 hd both 80 gb
    but th e cdrive has only 11 gb left. do u think that is the problem?

10. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Before installing DVD X-copy Platinum 4.0.3.8 I'll first need to purchase and install a DVD burner. Question is which brand to buy. Can anyone provide a list of the DVD burners supported by this program. (Hopefully the brand name 'LG' will work)

Thank you

11. typhoon24

typhoon24 Guest

hello everyone, i am new to the dvd back up process, i have dvd x copy platinum 4.0.3.8 installed, but i have yet to get a back up to burn correctly. i have a new dell with dvd rom drive as well as the dvd burner drive. when the disk is placed in the burner drive for reading, i get the css message, when it is in the reg dvd rom drive, it reads properly, but when it goes to burn it goes for a couple of minutes and then it says error in burn, check the log files. They say the drive in not active, can someone please help me? just post or email me bhaley2four@insightbb.com
    thanks in advance
    brent haley

12. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Hi typhoon24.
    Sounds like interactual player got installed.
    Heres 321's blacklist

This software blacklist applies only to the DVD X Copy line (including DVD Copy Plus), as well as burn-related issues with other 321 Studios software titles:

1. B's Clip: This package will load a packet-writing software that will constantly talk to your CD/DVD writer, and can cause a number of issues while trying to write a disc. Disabling this software is not enough, as a portion of this package is always running after you start windows. You will need to uninstall it in Add/Remove programs, then reboot to remove it. For more information, visit the B's website at http://www.bhacorp.com.

2. Direct CD or Drag to Disk: These are applications from Easy CD Creator from Roxio. This package will load a packet-writing software that will constantly talk to your CD/DVD writer, and can cause a number of issues while trying to write a disc. Disabling this software is not enough, as a portion of this package is always running after you start windows. To remove them you need to do to Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. There you can select Easy CD Creator to change, not remove. Then you must click next until it gives you the option to modify. Then either Direct CD or Drag to Disk should be selected and changed to "make this option not available". Then click next and while the program may look like it is installing, it is removing those options. One thing to remember is that both Direct CD and Drag to Disk will not be installed at the same time. For more information, please visit Roxio's website at http://www.roxio.com/en/support.index.jhtml

3. GoBack: backup software that constantly runs in the background (Terminate and Stay Ready) this needs not only to be turned off, but disabled. Unfortunately, this may cause some restore points to vanish, but it will free up a lot of hard drive space. For more information visit Symantec's web site for GoBack at http://www.symantec.com/goback/index.html

4. DLA: Also HP-DLA, Veritas DLA, and others. DLA stands for Disk Letter Assignment. This package will load a packet-writing software that will constantly talk to your CD/DVD writer, and can cause a number of issues while trying to write a disc. Disabling this software is not enough, as a portion of this package is always running after you start windows. You will need to uninstall it in Add/Remove programs, then reboot to remove it.

5. InCD: This is packet writing software that comes bundled with Ahead Nero Burning Rom. This package will load a packet-writing software that will constantly talk to your CD/DVD writer, and can cause a number of issues while trying to write a disc. Disabling this software is not enough, as a portion of this package is always running after you start windows. You will need to uninstall it in Add/Remove programs, then reboot to remove it. For more information go to Nero's website at http://www.nero.com/en/

6. Interactual Player and PC Friendly Player: These programs are DVD software viewers that often come on DVD movie discs, and will try to install themselves everytime you watch a movie on your computer. Please make sure to NOT let these install. Both programs interfere with all 321 Studios software and should be un-installed from Add or Remove programs in control panel when found. In some cases, you will need to uninstall and reinstall our software to restore functionality after removing one of these. For more information about both players, visit http://player.interactual.com/

7. McAfee Anti-Virus: This is anti-virus software that when running, can cause errors. It needs to be disabled by right clicking on the icon in the lower right side of the task bar. The 321 Studios software then needs to be restarted. Whenever you are using our software, McAfee needs to be disabled to ensure unrestricted access to your drive. For more info go to McAfee's website at http://us.mcafee.com/default.asp

8. Norton Anti-Virus: This is anti-virus software that when running, can cause errors. It needs to be disabled by right clicking on the icon in the lower right side of the task bar and the automatic updates should be disabled. The 321 Studios software then needs to be restarted. Whenever you are using our software, Norton needs to be disabled to ensure unrestricted access to your drive. The Norton Website is http://www.symantec.com/

9. StopZilla: StopZilla can hinder required portions of our installer, causing the software to fail. Please completely disable StopZilla, then install our software. Once our software is installed, you may safely enable it again. If you have any difficulty using our software at a later time, you may need to disable StopZilla before going to use our software. Uninstallation is not required.

10. MyStorageGuard: This backup software can hinder certain required files from being copied during the installation. Please disable this program before installing our software, and have it disabled any time you go to use our software. Uninstallation is not required.

11. Napster 2.0: This software includes some basic burning software that can cause burning problems if it is running. You will need to close this program completely before trying to use our software. In some rare cases, you will need to completely uninstall this package to attain full reliability, so if disabling does not solve your issue, please try uninstalling this software, and try again.

12. Easy CD Creator 4.x: Due to the age of this package, it is no longer updated by the authors. There are bugs present in this older system that will cause NUMEROUS problems on your machine, not just with our software. Please Uninstall completely, and consider either the new 6.x version from Roxio (http://www.roxio.com) or Nero 6.x (http://www.nero.com). These packages, installed without the Packet Writing software (DirectCD/Drag to Disk/InCD), all work very well together with our software.

Spyware and Adware - some programs can install other software that can be damaging to your Operating System. Please scan for these programs with a Spyware utility. We recommend Ad-Aware, available freely at http://www.lavasoftusa.com

If you perform any of these changes, you may need to uninstall our software, then re-install to fix any damage left. If you find some of these packages, please shut down and reboot twice to ensure that the last pieces of the conflicting software are completely removed.