1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning MPEG to CD-R (Help Needed)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by yaowang10, Dec 28, 2004.

1. yaowang10

yaowang10 Member

I have an .avi file that I've downloaded. I have converted this .avi file into an mpeg file using winAvi. Specifically, I chose to convert it to MPEG-2 type. Then using VCDGear, I have made a bin/cue file out of it and tried burning the image with burnatonce. When it plays on the dvd, the video is amazingly choppy (unviewable), and there is no audio. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong (maybe something to do with the .avi conversion) or give me new methods of completing this process. Thanks in advance.

2. Renas

Renas Member

Aside from the program you used being the source of the problem, All you have to do is put the file in a folder and burn it on your cd. You don't need to make it an image file.

3. yaowang10

yaowang10 Member

The problem with just burning the mpg as data instead of as an image is sometimes the mpg gets too large (over 700mb) and it also can't play on all dvd players.

4. Renas

Renas Member

Hmm, I didn't know that. Then I suppose you should use a good burning program such as Nero or Alcohol 120% to burn the image. A good image file maker is MagicIso though it's only a free trial and can extract/make image files under 300MB i think.