1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning Ray

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by house8, Feb 2, 2005.

1. house8

house8 Member

Could some one please help, I,m trying to burn The movie RAY using DVD Shrink,and DVD DYCRTPTER, however I'm still recieving a copyright protection error.All my problem started when I installed DVD IDLE and then uninstall the software. HELP!!!!!

2. dsabedra

dsabedra Member

I am experiencing problems with Ray, also. I get a "Bad Sector in #####3 (16" error, using the decrypter programs out there, ( including dvd).
    I used several dvd+r x4 media and all have given the same error, specifically with (16) in error code line.
    No errors are detected using DVD-RW but my dvd does not load after copying.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ray has sony acros i think so use dvd decryptor to rip it! if it fails use AnyDVD running in the background that should sort it! and shrink with dvd shrink

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I had no problem with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD running in the background.

5. BallCoach

BallCoach Member

I was able to burn it succesfully using dvd shrink and decrypter.

1. Use decrypter to create an iso file.
    2. Open the iso file with dvd shrink.
    3. Click on the "unreferenced material" tab. (this is where that pesky running man hides)
    4. Click on compression settings and instead of using automatic or custom settings insert a still image.
    5. Burn normally with decrypter.

This worked fine for me. Of course ymmv.

Good luck.

6. cqljohn

cqljohn Member

As squizzle stated, burns fine with the latest version of AnyDVD and Shrink. That's all I use and works on everything so far.

7. dsabedra

dsabedra Member

Ok, I think we need to be specific as to what version works with a success burn. I was using AnyDVD older version prior to 4.5.7.2. I decided to purchase this program today. After downloading the current version mentioned above., I was able to copy The Grudge and Ray sucessfully. I wasted 8 DVD before trying to experiment with different blank media just to find out that the problem was not with the media. The successful burn worked with the following media:Memorex 4x, TDK 4x and Fry's Electronic's cheap GQ (Great Quality). I hope this has helped you all. :)