1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning with everyhting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maskeeta, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ maskeeta

What have you done so far?
    1.- Have you tried the drive in another computer?
    2.- Tried a new control cable?

Because, YES, 600 is not a really large number for a good burner, however, OEM's, at times may be questionable.

Your easiest fix for your system and programs is the PCpitstop Optimize scan, it will tell you of any discrepancies that may cause altered performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  2. maskeeta

maskeeta Member

cost 30 bucks to fix the problems

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@maskeeta
    It's all ok now? Not really getting the 30 buck part.

@Nero63
    maskeeta's done eveything but try a different pc which early in the thread said this would be a problem. (long thread and sometimes I have a good memory:)

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

30 bucks fixed it for the past 30 days we've tried to help and thats all you got to say ? 30 bucks fixed it what the hell did 30 bucks do ? We would like to know what fixed it ! A new burner for 30 bucks ? !

5. binkie7

Ok let's all chill :)
    I'm sure maskeeta will clarify. They are one of the better members who aren't just a 'hit & run'.

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You are so kind Binkie I know you're right but i'm just a Redneck sometimes and I do stick my foot in my mouth pretty often. 30 bucks mumble,mumble

7. binkie7

@rbrock
    No biggie (net is one thing - real life well hey that's a whole other ballgame!)
    maskeeta's stuck with us & I'm sure will keep us posted :)

8. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

to all concerned

but it sure would be nice to know what happened, I ain't been prodding on you guys just to see that.

@ meskeeta

Let's have it babe, what went on?

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well I admit I am curious too, would like to know what solved this problem for future reference.

10. maskeeta

maskeeta Member

sorry abotu that. nothing solved the problem is was just refering to tehe suggestion of PC Pitstop Optimize Scan. and its free to check your system but cost 30 dollars to fix any problems. ha, didnt realize that would cause this commotion

11. binkie7

Hey maskeeta
    Just glanced at the Pitstop thing - looks like most of the stuff it does you can do w/ free progs and with windows utilities.
    I don't think this program will solve you burn problem either.
    Actually for around the same price you could get a BenQ burner.

12. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ maskeeta

glad something so simple was of good use for you, hurray for PC Pitstop!!

just as a second note, one of the burners that I use is the LG GSA 4166b, here's a comment on it from "cd freaks" = [bold]To sum it all up, this is what we would say: “The LG GSA-4166B makes an excellent choice if you are looking for a drive that supports all available DVD/RAM/CD media available at this time. The drive is a very good reader and an excellent writer and with removal of read speed locks on some media types, support for bitsetting on +RW media and disc error scanning this would truly be a well rounded drive. With all things considered, we can highly recommend the LG GSA-4166B for your next Super Multi drive.”[/bold] Plus does lightscribe!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  13. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

YES YES YES dude its your burner listen to Binkie

14. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ binkie

this is true what you say with the free proggies and windows utilities, but the pitstop program is a deffinate plus for those of us that DO NOT want to dable with reg edits and such, plus, is only one prog. that does it all.

second thought, have a question from another thread, could use some help, is called - Burner or program not working right?

15. binkie7

@Nero63
    We can agree to disagree :0)
    One thing I didn't like on PitStop was the 'tweaking of windows settings'. Still need to be carefully - sometimes those stmts are fos (sales thing)or can mess you up even more. I've never used PitStop so can't say either way.
    Just my 2 cents :)

I'll take a peek at the other thread.

@maskeeta
    Now that you have us all intrigued - keep us updated!

16. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

c'mom man do something you're looking for free advice you got it your burner has dumped on you

17. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ maskeeta

been a good while since you ran the scan, supposing you bought the program and let it do it's stuff, have you tried to burn?

@binkie

thank you, rack and rerack tying to figure out what the other drive is on the other thread, but, I use pitstop and keeps my system trim and fit without the need to run a variety of utilities. Have used it on several other computers and found it to be a very useful tool, although is not free, is still very useful, if you like I can get the log and send it to you to let you know what types of "tweaks" it does.

18. binkie7

@rbrock
    Patience is a virtue (not like I have it - lol)

@Nero63
    Now you know for future reference :) Many a time I had to ask the poster for the made & model b/4 it finally stuck forever in my memory :)

If pitstop does it for you great! I've only used system mechanic & norton system works and never saw the advantages using their ultities but that is just my preference. I ended up doing it my way so dumped them. But again just my preference.
    As long as your pc is fit & trim that's what matters in the long run :)

19. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ binkie7

:) couldn't agree with yu more, whatever it takes, keep it fit & trim,

but back to this horse, seems to be beat to death, maskeeta is being very illusive, not answering, etc., that's OK, got the whole web on her/him now. Just do hope there's a follow-up post.

20. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Binkie I run those progams they are good for maintenance but they won't make a burner work