1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Converting to Ipod! Please HELP

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by wclark107, Jan 2, 2011.

1. wclark107

wclark107 Member

Hey everyone. I've have probably put around 100 hours maybe less maybe more wasting my damn time burning and converting files for my ipod classic and dvds. Everything failed except 1 movie. The first issue I ran into was all the dvd's that I'm ripping into MP4's, do go on my ipod, and look great but they are widescreen. Im currently using Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate and aside from the 6-12 hour convertions, it seems to be working fine. My PC specs are more than enough to power the convertions so there is no reason for it to be taking that long. Anyhow is there any way to make the movie fullscreen when I convert it? In addition any tips for burning DVD's using Xilisoft DVD Creator 6 would be great, just burned 6 "coasters" and wasted the whole day on nothing. The program failed for 5 and the 6th one ended to soon, have to redownload the entire movie and reburn it from scratch. My theory at this point is everything sucks and will never work for me. If someone can help me I will greatly GREATLY appriciate it. I've played around with all the settings and tried numerous things including changing the setting and write speed. Thanks

2. Mez

Mez Active member

It is your app. If you can, stop the process after the VTS files are ripped. Use FixVTS on the files then proceed with the compression. I use Defab Platnum and have never made a bad anything. Unfortunately a top of the line tool like that is expensive. I still use FixVTS on everything I make to insure perfection.

3. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

try using handbreak, this is the one i use all the time.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Handbreak is much better than Xilisoft. The movie has to be ripped and unencrypted. I would use the free Defab, then FixVTS, the shrink, then handbreak. I do not know how to change the format with free tools.