1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem copying a movie - 'KNOCKAROUND GUYS'

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by xhaliox, Jul 13, 2008.

1. xhaliox

xhaliox Member

Im trying to backup my movie KNOCKAROUND GUYS, i've copied it to my hard disk using ANYDVD+ISO BUSTER, and i was able to burn it into 2 dvds without problems, using DVDFAB Platinum SPLIT option.

But when i tried to burn it using "FULL DISC" option (on a single dvd-5 obviously), it starts copying the VTS files to the DVDFAB temp folder and gets stuck at 78%, and it wont advance even after hours.
    [​IMG]
    I also tried CLONEDVD2 and it gets stuck aswell
    [​IMG]
    I tried running the conflictive VTS file with POWERDVD and it runs perfectly
    I have last versions of all programs (DVDFAB Platinum, CLONEDVD2, ISOBUSTER, ANYDVD)
    Dont forget that i was able to burn the movie using the split movie, its weird it doesn't work in FULL DISC mode...
    Any ideas? I've tried like 5 times...

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Have you tried to rip & burn the movie just using dvdfab platinum? I had no problem using dvdfab platinum to rip and burn this movie last year.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You can also try running the files through VobBlanker or FixVTS.

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Sometimes Anydvd delivers a cleaner rip than DvdFab does. That's where Dialysis' recommendation of FixVts or VobBlanker comes in extremely handy.

5. xhaliox

xhaliox Member

First i used anydvd+iso buster to get a CLONE of the DVD without protection (the size in bytes from the original disc and the folder where i extracted the movie are EXACTLY THE SAME)
    I burned it in 2 discs using dvdfab split option. I tested the 2 discs and they work. I had not a single problem.

This means DVDFAB cant provide a cleaner RIP since it already came from ANYDVD.

I've tried to rip & burn the movie just using dvdfab platinum, without anydvd and isobuster involved and it gets stuck at 78% aswell

Im trying FIXVTS now

6. xhaliox

xhaliox Member

There is what im doing step by step:
    1. I open FIXVTS
    2. I click OPEN and select the conflictive file (VTS_01_5.VOB)
    3. I click cleanup and it starts processing VTS_01_1

Why it processes that file instead of the conflictive one? (I didnt use FULLDVD option)
    and what does the message on bottom means? (Found VCI 1/5 at LBA...)

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]

It processes all the files instead of only the one i selected
    [​IMG]

I will keep posting my results

7. xhaliox

xhaliox Member

I cleaned the file with FIXVTS and tried to burn it again with no success -_-

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

When using FixVTS did you clean 1 file or the whole DVD? This movie came out on disc in 2003. You should have no problems. You may have a bad disc.

9. xhaliox

xhaliox Member

I clicked OPEN and selected the conflictive file, and it processed most (if not all) files
    ISOBUSTER is used to read damaged or hard to read sectors and when i copied the movie to my hard disk it didnt give me any warning
    Weird thing is i could back up this movie using split mode

10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Last thing I can possibly suggest, is since you were able to split it onto 2 disks, is to rip it as a dvd-9, and save it into a folder. Once you are done, then try to run it thru fixvts and then use dvd shrink to compress it to dvd-5 format.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008