1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem copying from DVD+RW disks on Sony DDU1612

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DougB2, Jul 17, 2003.

1. DougB2

DougB2 Member

I want to be able to duplicate DVD+RW disks and are using a Sony DDU1612 DVD_ROM drive to rip from.

Are using Veritas RecordNow DX software and are seeking to make a global image of the CD to computer harddrive before recording to a separate DVDWriter. Towards the end of the 'make global image' process the computer gives the following error: "error px engine error (command:28 Sense: 03 ASC:11 ASCQ:06) reading from the disk".

I don't believe the DVD disk is faulty. Disk plays fine in the DVD-Rom using DVD player software. I have same fault attempting to make global image when I try other DVD+RW several disks, I have a separate Pioneer DVD Writer drive from which I can successfully make a global image of the same disk without this fault.

Don't believe the Sony DDU1612 drive (brand new) is generally faulty, if I load a DVD-RW (rather than +RW) disk it can make a global image without problem.

The Sony specs for the DDU1612 state compatibility with +R, +RW, -R, and -RW disks, so it ought to be compatible.

Any suggestions?

2. madwolf

madwolf Member

Hi DougB2, have the same drive and find it does not seem to want to 'read' some discs that I have previously copied when someone gives you the answer please let me know as well. madwolf_2000@hotmail.com

Thanks

madwolf