1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Copying TV Series DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mastere, Mar 2, 2003.

1. mastere

mastere Member

I am hoping for some help on the following issue: I am trying copy a TV Series DVD, (like Good Times, Jeffersons, Sex and The City for example). After ripping the DVD files to my hard drive, DVD2One only allows you to select the "longest" movie file, with the assumption that this is the basic movie I want to copy. But on TV Series DVD's, they are set up a bunch of "mini-movies" so when it comes time to select the main movie file, I cant select more than one file. (Basically I get a bunch of individual 30 minute episode files to choose from). Is there a way around this?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Nope, not with current version of DVD2One -- this is a well-known limitation in DVD2One. So, just take that IFOEdit in front of you and start tweaking if you wish to use one DVD-R or grab DVDXCopy for two-disc copy.

PS. I spent my Saturday afternoon tweaking Futurama Season 1 Disc 1 to fit on one DVD-R with IFOEdit. Didn't require _that_ much tweaking, but it's been sooo long last time I used it :)

3. 67yrOld

67yrOld Member

You can combine movies or extras by doing the
    following: 1. Use DVD2ONE to re-encode each
    movie or extra 2. Combine the VOBs with VOBedit
    3. Create new IFOs with IFOedit
    4. Check with WinDVD or[?} and burn
    The movies will play as a single stream.
    Altenately I think you can combine the VOBs of
    the original...then use DVD2ONE

4. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

make sure you have dvd2one 1.02. it allows you to specify size and what i've done is shrunk each vob file separately for each tv show to a size that all will fit on the final dvd. then used ifo edit to create a new ifo file. any of the ways works.

5. mastere

mastere Member

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Using VOBEdit And IFOEdit worked great. Now I just need to figure out how to "tweak" the original menu so I have a working menu for the chapters. :)