1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem copying Video to DVD-R help please :)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by hawky, Sep 13, 2004.

1. hawky

hawky Guest

Hi guys, this is my first post here so be gentle please :)

I have a Winfast TV2000 that I used to capture some videos of the kids.

Capture went smoothly and the quality of the capture looked great on my screen.

The settings I used to capture were:

Video Device: WinFast TV2000XP WDM Video Capture
    Codec: Mpeg-2 Codec
    Resolution: 720x576 (I'm in Australia and we use Pal)
    MPEG-2 Bitrate Mode: Variable
    Video Quality: Set to 650
    Target Data Rate: 6000Kbps

Audio Codec: MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
    Audio Device: SoundMax Digital Audio
    AUdio Out Control Line: Wave
    Audio Recording Line: CD Player
    Capture Audio ticked on
    Master Stream set to Audio.
    I have a cable going from the capture card to the line in on my sound card.

I used DVDLab to burn the DVD and it requested to split the video/audio streams which I did.

After the burn was finished I played the DVD in my Pioneer DV667A and it looked awful and had no sound!! :(

The original video source tape is in very good condition but the DVD was really atrocious.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I may have done wrong or alternatively a better way to do what I want?

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions or solutions :)

2. Brok

Brok Member

Hi,
    I have no answer to this problem, I just want to add my own to this thread hoping some of you DVD-R gurus out there would come up with a solution.
    I have captured my home videos through VHS-C camcorder connected to my Asus A9800XT Vivo card and audio line-in on my mobo.
    Capturing software I used was Asus Digital VCR that came bundled with graphic card.
    Captured mpeg-2 files played seamlessly on all media players.
    After DVD authoring with TMPGEncDVDauthor, using same software burned DVD-RW, played it on computer without any problem whatsoever.
    However when I played it in my Pioneer DV-757Ai player there was NO SOUND (video is OK).
    Tried to burn captured MPEG-2 files to DVD by Nero 6.3, Pinaccle Instant CD/DVD, Power Director 2.55..........- same result:
    Perfect playback on computer, no sound when played on my DVD player (tried to play it in my kids Yamaha DVD player: NOPLAY!)
    I have explred the contents of the burned DVD-RW, found following folders:
    AUDIO_TS (empty)
    VIDEO_TS (VIDEO_TS.BUP,VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01.BUP,
    VTS_01.IFO,VTS_01_0.VOB and VTS_01_1.VOB)

I didn,t mess with the settings, just did everything programms have led me to do, straight forward, by the book, so to speak.
    All conversion procedures ran smoothly, no warning or error messages whatsoever.

ANY IDEAS?

3. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

OK, I'm no expert on the subject, but here are my suggestions to Hawky.

Check that your video/audio are OK at the end of each process by viewing the files on your computer. I just use Windows Media Player & check the captured mpg(mpeg2) at a few places to make sure the video is OK & that the audio is in sync.

Do all the necessary authoring/editing with WinDVD Creator or with TMPGEnc DVD Author and output to VIDEO_TS file. DON'T burn yet! (I prefer using TMPGEnc. I haven't had much success with DVDLab, so I don't use it anymore).

Now, check that your VIDEO_TS files are OK. (Don't worry about the empty AUDIO_TS folder. I've checked commercial DVD's, it's empty there too!).
    Again, I just use Windows Media Player to play back the Authored movie. Just select the 1st VIDEO_TS.IFO file, WMP will play the whole movie. Using the "seek" slider, check in a few places that the video/audio are OK. If the VIDEO_TS looks and sounds OK, then it should be fine to burn to DVD.

Thus far, the only software I have used for burning DVD's is CloneDVD2. I have had 100% success with it burning to DVD+R disks.

Every DVD I have burned has played just fine in my Aiwa XD-DV370 player.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  4. jessman

jessman Member

Hi,
    I've just installed a Winfast TV2000XP onto my computer. My problem is that when I capture video I have no sound, I recorded onto the HDD hoping that it will have sound but no good. Can someone please advise.

Thanks in advance