1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem copying

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gruel, May 1, 2004.

1. gruel

gruel Member

ive been trying to copy some dvds my friend brought back form indonisia ive tried using nero and clonedvd but every time i get "creation of dvd file was not sucssesfull" the format is MPEG2 NTSC 16:9 720x576
    audio is english dolby AC-3/2. ive tried 2 of the dvds and got the same so im presuming im going to get the same with the others.
    any help would be great thanks

2. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Are they copies or OE DVDs.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi gruel, I see you're a "junior member" so I'll assume you have some knowledge or have read threads from this forum, You have mentioned 2 processing programs but have not mentioned what have you been using to convert these MPEG2 files to your VOB files.
    Without the proper files the 2 programs you mentioned can't work with what you're trying to give them.

In the off chance you haven't bothered to try to convert thesem files to the proper format may I suggest TMPGEnc DVD Author - That will give you your proper format.

Cheers,

Pete

An addition, you haven't mentioned where you're from - do you want NTSC or PAL ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1.[/small]

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  4. gruel

gruel Member

Hi, yeh these are copy's, and no pete i havent used TMPGEnc to author them, ive copyd dvd originals before with clonedvd and had no problems copyd straight from 1 disc to the other, i geuss because these are already copys that its not going to be as straight forward as that, im going to have a look at TMPGEnc author, ive not used it before for copying dvds only creating so any advice-tips would be helpfull thanks, im in the uk so i guess PAL is what i want but my dvd player seems to play both formats so im not overly botherd.
    thanks again

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi gruel,

Nowhere in your post did you mention that you were copying copies. I see no problem here unless it’s a firmware upgrade OR a media problem. You should be able to just use disc to disc with Nero OR ISO read / ISO write using DVD Decrypter. You don’t need to change anything to make a duplicate, so forget DVD Author.

It sounds like it could be a firmware upgrade problem or a media problem (inexpensive media).

My suggestion is check for a firmware upgrade here:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

Cleaning your media with isopropanol alcohol may be of some help, can’t hurt :D)

Good luck,

Pete

6. gruel

gruel Member

ive managed to get one done, just started to copy for some reason, after trying for about 5 times still having probs with the others.
    thanks for the advice pete will try that.