1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Creating Backups of XBox360 Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Daithus, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Daithus

Daithus Member

As the title says I'm having problems creating backups of XBox360 games. I purchased a Samsung SH-D162C and have flashed the firmware with Kreon 0.81, I downoaded XBox Backup Creator (2.3) and followed the tutorials for backing up games. It starts but gets 3.51% through before the following error pops up:

Action: Read Security Sector
    Sense Error: 3 / 11 / 00
    UNRECOVERED READ ERROR
    CDB: READ DVD STRUCTURE
    0xAD 00 FF 02 FD FF FE 00 08 00 01 C0

The program tries a few times to continue but after about 5 attempts it gives up. I've tried a couple of games now (PGR3 and Dead Rising) with the same results, both games are brand new originals purchased just a few days ago and have no visible marks on them.

Can anyone offer me some help on this?

2. Daithus

Daithus Member

Well, thanks for the speedy responses guys it's good to know if I'm in a bind you guys are quick off the mark to offer help and advice ;)

Anyways I sorted it myself, not 100% sure what the problem was so I uninstalled and reinstalled the backup software and also reflashed the drive just to be sure. Now it all appears to be playing nicely :)

3. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

Hey, where did you download xbox back up creator? I've been trying to make backups forever using qwix and clonecd and all this crap and I just can't get anything working. For both xbox 1 and 360 backups. I get the rar files, extract them, the iso opens up and I try burning it on nero too but it just ain't workin'.

How the hell you doin' it? Help a newbie out!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

sweet thanks, and supposedly this is suppose to make the backup process easier?

6. Daithus

Daithus Member

Yes the backup process will be much easier with that program.

Back to the original topic though I've found that, for some reason, I need to reflash the DVD drive with the Kreon f/w each time I turn my system on in order to create backups! It's weird, the backup software lists the DVD drive as having the Kreon f/w already but when I try to backup a game it does what I said in my first post. The only remedy to this is to reflash the drive and all is well ... until I next power up my system.

Oh well a minor inconvenience but I would like to know if it's just me experiencing this nad/or if there's a solution to it.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

you may want to check out teammodders.com and xtreme-source.com
    i know there are a few guy there with a bit of 360 back up experience
    It may take a day or two for an answer but it would be worth it if the problem gets fixed.

Having to flash the drive every time is just not right.

8. theEDGE10

theEDGE10 Member

yeah i've been having trouble with my hitachi drive, i'v been using the hotswap method to backup my games. I've copy about 5 five games and only one game worked but only on multiplayer. So if anyone has a better method of doing this and better software to do this please post it.