1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Problem downloading Nero 7 trial v from archive

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by rocket_pc, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocket_pc

rocket_pc Member

Hi, I'm having some trouble downloading an archive file of Nero 7 from oldversion.com. This is one of Nero's trial files, where the person types in the serial number of his own hard copy of Nero 7 in order to install the software upgrade.

I need to download this file (7.10.1 or 7.9.6...) in order to install my Nero onto a computer I purchased with Windows 7. The Windows 7 on this computer won't accept installation of the Nero 7 disk I got; However, the oldversion file of 7.10.1 upgrade indicates it is compatible with Windows 7.

My question is, how to download this file without getting truncated files. I currently have a very slow internet connection of 5 or 10 mbps. I don't know if this is the problem or if something else. Is there any software, or use of the browsers I have (Windows Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome) for getting this file without truncation? When I tried some download software (don't remember the name, deleted after failure) the program apparently wouldn't pick up the browser's download. The browsers download the file about halfway and quit as though finished. The truncated files are from 30mb to 130mb. The final file is supposed to be 173.57mb.

Thank you, in advance, for your attention and help on this subject.

Don

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. rocket_pc

rocket_pc Member

Thank you for the reply, ddp. When I tried this link, it says that CDBurner is a "CD Burner" software. You must have mistaken either on my question on the link that you place. My question was about downloading an online file of Nero 7 (7.10........)
    D.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

5. ddp

rocket_pc, it also does dvd disks as that is how I burnt the win10 iso from mircosoft to be installed onto customer's computers.

6. rocket_pc

rocket_pc Member

In my question, I did not ask for dvd software; I did not say that my current task was disk burning - Nero is a multifunction software; I was not asking for a substitute for Nero nor for a commentary about Nero. I asked how to download this Nero file from oldversion.com; if by special download software or if appropriate use of any of the browsers I mentioned.
    D.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

no need to get testy.its just a little hard to understand anybody wanting to use nero anymore.multifunction doesnt mean a whole lot as the free stuff is to.you want a nero 8 ultimate edition legitimate key?let me know so i can uninstall it.

8. rocket_pc

rocket_pc Member

Hey Alden, Have you read my initial post? I had asked for how to download the trial version file of Nero 7.10.1 from the website, oldversion.com. The trial version was formerly available to the public at the Nero website, years ago, and required the license key for continued use. The purpose of Nero making this file available was for license owners to upgrade their version of Nero 7 when reinstalling the program because of corrupted systems, computer operating system reinstallations, etc.
    In my question posting, I explained I have a license copy of Nero 7. I also have purchased license copies of Nero 9 and Nero 14, which I am using on my main computer. I would like to use my Nero 7 on an alternate computer, in a system environment of older software and hardware. Alden, distributing Nero license keys is violation of law, and subject to prosecution by Nero.
    Afterdawn, in the past, has endorsed Nero as very good software, dedicated a portion of the website (possibly gone now) to Nero. Third party software may be okay, but often the creaters abandon the software, leaving software that becomes useless and corrupts computer registry. The applications of third party software is often limited, while Nero covers home movie editing, video viewing, sound editing, etc. Nero has the funding and power to purchase the codecs for applications that these makeshift software don't have.

Don

GrandpaBW likes this.
  9. aldan

aldan Active member

well then don.i would suggest trying my link.thats where ive redownloaded nero 8 when it screwed up and needed to be reinstalled.not distributing licences but rather giving away my existing one and turfing nero.let us know if the link works.it always has for me.

10. ddp

aldan, don't bother with him as there is a reason.

11. aldan

aldan Active member

washing my hands as we speak my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.