1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem Downloading real audio files...rtsp

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by demens, Sep 13, 2004.

1. demens

demens Member

i can't seem to figure out the real adress of the files. i want to download something from uefa.com. with the Free content they offer its pretty simple. i just either download the ram file, open it in notepad and see the real adress or use URL snooper, either way i get something like this:

rtsp://drache.euro.real.com/gratis//uefa/SS/UEFA-Europe-20040902-180735-DeltaTre--370815-enUK-00300-SS5h.rm?src=&pcode=uefa&cpath=CNT&rsrc=

this file downloads without a problem in Net Transport

now the paid content is much different. the link looks like this.

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=eu_uefa&url=UEFA-Europe-20040910-101940-DeltaTre--372147-enUK-00300-p4mU.rm&pcode=uefa&cpath=CNT&rsrc=

it just keeps rederecting me to the log-in page. now i do have a password, i'm not trying to steal this stuff, but it doesn't change anything. I log in, the adress stays the same, when i click "view source" in realplayer, it changes the adress alittle:

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=eu_ec_uefa&url=UEFA-Europe/uefa/UEFA-Europe-20040910-101940-DeltaTre--372147-enUK-00300-p4mU.rm&src=nosrc&pcode=uefa&cpath=CNT&rsrc=&gooey=US

it still has the "rd?pid=" and still is not the direct link to the file the way i understand it, and Net Transport doesn't want to download either link, i even tried putting in my password in the download options, nothing. when i log out and try to use those 2 links, it rederects me to log back in.

well, anyone know a way around this, its getting annoying.

2. demens

demens Member

wow, don't all of you help at once.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. demens

demens Member

hhmm, thanks it worked. there is another problem thou. the actuall adress seems to be changin at random. while i was downloading it changed and stoped by d/l. lucky for me i was able to resume, but still seems like a pain in the ass. is there a way around this maybe?

rtsp://bod.euro.real.com:554/events/231921.30d644f0ee9b0e62d6b90a620bce4c52/...followed by the rest, file name, etc.

rtsp://bod.euro.real.com:554/events/231814.db3e2b9402d60a0efd4f0e51a2fd064c/..................

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

The numbers and letters in the URL are a Time Stamp. They keep you from getting a URL and posting it for others to use, because the Time Stamp will be expired. When you snoop a Timp Stamped URL you need to download with that URL before it expires. If you lose the download connection at some point and it needs to reconnect to continue the download you will need to get a new Time Stamped URL to continue.