1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem extracting VOBs from mpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rjpc, May 1, 2005.

1. rjpc

rjpc Guest

Hi to all
    I have finally (after much reading the useful information in this forum) manage to extract bin and cue files into three mpeg files, merge them into a single 2.2 gb mpeg files... but i am having a problem.
    When i try to convert the 2.2 gb mpeg files to VOB files using DivXtoDVD, it stops after aprox 5% and nothing else happens. is there any other application to extract this files VBO files i can put in a dvd to watch in my dvd player or does anybody know what the problem is with DivXto DVD?
    Also is it possible to put the 2.2 gb mpeg file into a dvd directly and will it play in my dvd player?
    Thank you

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should "NOT" use DivXtoDVD to Put this Type of File on to DVD because DivXtoDVD will Just re-encode the File which Totally ruins the quality and Increases the File size....

Since you got this File from a couple Bin files I suspect that it is either a VCD or SVCD Movie in which Case you can Author the File Directly to DVD without Re-encodeing the File so there is no Quality Loss after Putting it on to DVD....

There is Only one DVD Authoring Program that Supports authoring SVCD files to DVD and it is Called "MediaChance DVDLab Pro"...

There is a Guide on how to Put these Files on to DVD useing DVDLab here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/svcd_to_dvdr_from_img.cfm

This is the very Best Method for putting these Files on to DVD...

Cheers