1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem finding Recode2 in Nero 6.6, Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fab5_dv, Jan 13, 2005.

1. fab5_dv

fab5_dv Guest

I updated Nero last night to 6.6.5 (from 6.6.3), except for Nero Express 3 leaving it at 3.0.14 due to the problem I heard with the newer 3.0.18 and Recode2. I also uninstalled InCd, -based on the forums reviews. Then I thought I'd experiment with the newest version of Recode2 to do some (newbie)comparrisons.. However, the Recode2 Icon doesn't come up.. In programs it's not there either.. I thought it was a part of Vision Express 2 and up. I can find Recode2 by seaching the system, but when I open it, it says my licence doesn't suppot this application.. Huh..? Is there a separate vesion of Nero 6.6.5.. I'm confused.. Is the newest version of Recode2 even worth experimenting with..? Please help..-Dv

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I thought that version should have the working recode.

I have another question... I have Nero 6 Ultra 6.0.0.0 and am wondering if there is an online upgrade or if I have to buy a new version if I want to upgrade.

3. fab5_dv

fab5_dv Guest

Yes, I believe so.. Go to the smart start click on the flame in the lower right, and check for updates.. Or go to the Nero Home Page and look up Nero 6 Ultra updates.. Updates and downloads are easy.. -Dv

4. fab5_dv

fab5_dv Guest

Looks like I have an OEM version of Nero that is limiting Recode2. Even though it updated with the newest version at 6.6.5..

So I guess I need to purchase the download for the full retail package to get Recode2 to work, is this correct? -Dv

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is correct :)