1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem in formatting with InCD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by pscraja, Mar 1, 2003.

1. pscraja

pscraja Guest

I have a computer with Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1100MHz 1.10GHz Processor, RAM: 127MB,IDE drive 40GB, Samsung RW 40-12-40 working on Microsoft Windows 98 Ver 4.10.2222 A, Nero ver 5.5.7.8. and InCD 3.22

When I tried to format the CD RW disk, after the logical formatting is completed on a new RW disc, it went to the next mode Scan CD-RW disc and register all defective sectors and stopped within a couple of minutes. I didn't get the next screen "formatting was successful". When I checked for the properties, it shows that the whole disk is full and there is no space available. This has happened twice thereby I lost two discs. Even when I reformat the disc the same thing happens.

I am unable to understand the problem. First time when it happened, I thought that the disc is bad and tried the second time. On both the occasions, the same thing happened. Can you throw some light on the problem? Is it the problem of the software or the writer itself? I am not able to use the disc even after two months after investing on the RW writer. Is there any way of reformatting and restoring the discs? I am little concerned about the loss of the RW discs. Can some one guide me?

Thanks,

pscraja

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do you have the latest version of Aheads InCD? Also update ASPI layers to 4.6 ( if you've not done so already. If you have the latest version then maybe reconsider another packet writing software like _____? i don't use packet software anymore, lol.

Shoey

3. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Maybe try DirectCD that comes with ez cd creator.