1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem installing Real Alternative

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Sitbon09, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sitbon09

Sitbon09 Member

I'm getting this error message during the install phase for Real Alternative downloaded from AfterDawn.

Error creating registry key: HKey_classes_Root\.rpm
    RegCreatekeyEx failed; code 5.
    Access is denied.
    Click Retry to try again, Ignor to proceed anyway (recommended) or Abort to cancel.

Unfortunately it will only allow me to abort. I've tried running the install twice but same problem.

A shop suggested I try installing RA as I've also been having trouble installing Real Player Free version. I need to be able to play Real Player files. I have GOM and WMV.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks

Sitbon

2. attar

attar Senior member

Do you have Administrative privileges.

3. Sitbon09

Sitbon09 Member

I believe yes, I have gone to Control panel, user account and it has my name as Administrator. I have also checked in the registry editor/permissions for HKey Classes Root that full control is allowed, which it is.

I only knew to do these steps from looking at other forums however this still hasn't fixed my problem. What else could it be?

thanks

Sitbon

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Right click on file "run as admin" see what that does if that don't work use klite & enable real in options