1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem installing trial software

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Kafka, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

Recently I have been trying to download trial versions of video editing software. With two of them the download finishes, but when I run the installation process I am informed that some of the downloaded files are corrupt. I have sought help on the relevant help forums but am always told to keep repeating the downloads until the installation finally works. I have done this many times (with my anti-virus on and off) but without any luck. The third trial downloaded successfully (like the others) but when I click on the application in order to install it, nothing happens. There is obviously a problem on my computer but I don't know what it is.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

what program and where did you download it from?

3. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

One program is Cyberlink PowerDirector 10, the second is Corel Video Studio and the third is Avid Studio HD. I use DAP (Download Accelerator plus) for the downloading. I downloaded all three from their official sites.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

there are some great downloads on this site for what you are looking for.just use your search function at the top of this page.Al.

5. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have just found the problem. When recalling the software I had downloaded recently I realised that I had downloaded SuperAntiSpyware while trying to solve a different problem. After removing it from startup I found that I was able to download and install PowerDirector 10 without a problem. I am more than a little embarrassed!

6. aldan

aldan Active member

so was superantispyware blocking the install?

7. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

Yes. After removing it from Startup I had no trouble installing all of the trials.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

you must have been using the pro version with real time protection.probably a false positive.