1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem loading my bios help!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by 0MAR, Apr 5, 2005.

1. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

i have the flasher 1.o and i hit read it works find but when i hit write it just closes???can u guys help me i just install my chip and i jus want to star playing???

2. cb1234

cb1234 Member

Couple of things to check if your parallel connection isn't working properly:

1: In your computers' BIOS, make sure the parallel port is set to ECP with a DMA of either 1 or 3
    2: While you're in the BIOS, make a note of which port number is being used (e.g. 0x278, 0x378)
    3: In Flasher 1.0, make sure the correct port is selected, and enable "Safe Mode"

If you've checked all these and it's still not working, it could be your parallel cable. Try another one if possible -- if not, you may need to connect the Viper programmer directly to your computer.

3. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

Hi im sorry but im new in this can u explain me how to do the firs to steps u wrote what do i have to do. ill be great if u can help me with this thankss...

4. viperchip

viperchip Guest

plus you need to turn on your gamecube when you are doing the flashing....plus i noticed that if you dont use the exit on the drop down menu and you press the x in the top right hand corner of the flashing program the flash will not of worked propper..

me know this as thats wot happened to me but i just flashed it again and its ok now..