1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM MAKING A BACKUP OF X-MEN

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by JW_LEES, Jun 18, 2003.

1. JW_LEES

JW_LEES Guest

I recently tried to back up my copy of X-Men One using SmartRipper & DVD2ONE, I ended up with more than one large file using file & the same using backup. The largest file worked o.k. but the end of the movie was missing, I presume it was in one of the other large files. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem ?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I would suggest trying DVD Shrink <--(Click on link) and seeing if you get the same problem.

3. mikey77

mikey77 Member

hmmm...
    I made a backup copy of xmen, using smartripper, dvd2one, and nero, without any issues.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Also, check yo make sure you have your ASPI installed, this can affect it!

5. JW_LEES

JW_LEES Guest

Thanks for your comments about my X-men backup. A friend of mine has had the same problem with his X-men DVD, maybe it is because we have region 2 DVD's ? & the file lay out is different ? I have XP, do the ASPI drivers come with it or do I have to install them ?

6. mikey77

mikey77 Member

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It wont matter if its region 1 or 2, should still work fine. When you rip a movie you can make it region free in the process.

8. JW_LEES

JW_LEES Guest

Thanks for your help guys, just one last question are the ASPI drivers just for SCSI devices ?

9. hart94109

hart94109 Member

do i have to use smartripper or DVD DECRYPTER before compress it by dvd shirk or dvd2one, cause i use dvd shrink it and it stll not region free.

10. JW_LEES

JW_LEES Guest

Yes, you need to use a ripping tool which will take out the region code as well as the encryption code.

11. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

As far as I know DVD2One or DVD Shrink won't make any movie region free. That is part of the ripping process (dvddecrypter or smartripper) same with macrovision and css protection.