1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Making Dolby Digital DVDs

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by greighn, Jan 24, 2005.

1. greighn

greighn Member

I used DVD Shrink to clip some scenes from my favorite DVDs and then compile them onto one DVD as a demo disk. I am using the full version of Nero 6.6. However, despite selecting AC3 for the sound option, when I play the discs in my DVD player, my receiver indicates Dolby Pro Logic. The sound is definetly not Dolby Digital. Why is it not picking up the Dolby Digital tracks?

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong. (I do have the Dolby Digital plug in for Nero.)

Thanks.

-Gary.

2. greighn

greighn Member

Bump Anyone??

3. tmternes

tmternes Member

Hi,
    I had the same damn problem so I ended up calling support. Here's the stupid thing about Nero 6.6. If you create your DVD in Vision Express, you get the luxury of creating a menu. However, the downside to this, is Vision Express will not allow 5.1 DD or DTS audio. But, if you use the DVD Recode program in Nero 6.6, you will get the 5.1 audio streams, but you will not be able to create a menu. Is this retarded or what. They say they might fix this in later releases. So I decided to try the trial version of DVD Lab Pro. It says it will do this, and even thought I believe them, I have not been able to do it yet, mostly due to the inability of program writers to make instructions understandable!!!

4. greighn

greighn Member

Tmternes,

Thanks for the information. I can't believe this! I paid for the full version of Nero 6.6 so I could create DD DVDs and now it looks like I can't, at least not any kind of useful ones!! They even give you the option to select AC3 for the sound format and then don't burn it! What a pain.

Thanks agagin. I think I may also call support and give them a piece of my mind.

-Gary.