1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Playing Burned DVDs

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lotus256, May 22, 2006.

1. lotus256

lotus256 Member

HELP! i have alot of burned dvds that i cant seem to play on my computer. i know my dvd drive is the problem because an error shows up saying that the "D:/ is not accessible. The request coyuld not be performed because of an I/O device error. it burns the dvds ok so im not sure whats wrong. my default player is windows media, but nero showtime doesnt seem to work either. plz help. thanks in advanced.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Have you tried decrypting then playing the video file using something like PowerDvD?

3. lotus256

lotus256 Member

no, how do i decrypt it and how does it work?

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Decrypt means to rip the dvd from your dvd to your hardrvie. You can problably use Dvd decryptor (google it you should get many resutls).
    Then open up the .vob files with power dvd.
    Just wondering though can you play the video files in a standalone dvd player because if you cannot than dont bother with any of this, the dvds are screwed

5. lotus256

lotus256 Member

yes, i can play them on a regular dvd player. i really just wanted to PLAY them on my computer because it was faster for me but i guess ill just stick with the dvd player.