1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing burt dvds on apex ad-1010w

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by demonil, Mar 31, 2005.

1. demonil

demonil Guest

i can get any copy to play on the other two dvd players we have in the house but when i try to play them on the apex it tells me there is no disk in the player ive tried dvd + r from sony and RITEK-R03-02 dvd+r on it and still nothing burnt the movies using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink what is causing my problem

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like your Apex doesn't like the media. Check the specs on your Apex - does it accept +r? It may not.
    3 of my DVD players are multi format - one is not and it will not recognize the +r format.

3. demonil

demonil Guest

the dvd player not mine dont know much about it i can use the + r in the other 2 dvd players but if i try to use the + r in the apex it wont take tells me there is no disc in the player ive tried movies ive burned using dvd x copy exress thinnking maybe it had to do something with the way the movie was burned but it did the same thing with those too so i dont know if i need to try - r instead and see whats what . tomorrow i plan on buying a small pack of - r to see if it will take those other than that i have no idea .as far as specs go i have no idea all i know it says it is mp3 compatible and i think its even cd r compatible but im not sure on that. im planing to go out and buy some Fujifilm dvd-rs from sams was wondering if they work do work with this dvd player will they also work with my emerson ewd 2202 combo dvd video player. any suggestions on what media to buy that may work with both players and also if maybe my problem is because the movies was burt for region 1?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  4. binkie7

If you are in region 1 (US) chances are your DVD players are also region 1 players. If that's the case the region shouldn't be a problem. I haven't used XCopy in awhile so I cant remember if it removes the RCE.
    I've used Fuji -R before without a problem - you can also try Verbatim which get some high ratings on this board.
    You can go that wrong just buying a small pack. Also make sure your firmware for your burner is up to date.
    By the way the only person who has every had a problem watching my backups has an Apex.
    You'll just need to experiment with what media your Apex and Emerson will play. I think trying a good quality -R is you best bet.

5. demonil

demonil Guest

went ahead and got a three pack of maxell dvd - r made a movie and found out thats what the problem was the apex isnt able to play dvd + r dics and also found out that my emerson is able to play both the dvd + r and the dvd - r so i think for now on im going to just buy the dvd - r and have a copy that is able to play on just about every thing thanks for the help

6. binkie7

Not a problem for the help. Also the good thing is you bought Maxwell's which are usually manufactored by the better companies - Taiyo Yuden, Ritek and 1 or two others.
    I only use Taiyo's and buy them online from supermediastore.com. When buying online make sure you buy from a reputable company like supermediastore.

7. demonil

demonil Guest

thanks binkie7 for the help and the advice its just a bit weird that an apex isnt able to play dvd + r dics since thats what i have the most of lmao. just glad they work for my emerson combo dvd video player or id be a bit lost lmao

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello demonil:
    It's some of those pesky stand alones that give us the fits.
    I have the apex 1110 in my bedroom. It would not play any of my khypermia + 8x backups-not even taiyo yudens. It does play anything off my 2 benq 1620's including+/-/and +rw's. When I got another burner I/O magic 16x burner last month for my spare pc, It would not play the plus format-even after the bitsetting was set to booktype them to dvd-rom.That 2nd benq took care of that issue.

Those maxell -4x yellowtops are all very good.Ty go1/ritek go4/and maxell rg03 on this media-and you don't have to worry about which quantity of pack you get. They are all very good.I haven't had any issues myself,unfortunantly I have a few of my family and friends stand alones that won't play my dash format media so I have to stick with the Plus. It's nice having the dual format burner for these issues.

I'm glad to see you got your issue resolved.Good Luck and Burn-on.