1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing certain DVD-R DL discs after xbox 360 update

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by febreze, Jan 21, 2011.

1. febreze

febreze Member

Okay, so I have two types of Dual Layer discs, both are Memorex, that I have games burned onto. Today I log onto my xbox and there is an update, I update my xbox, and when I put in certain burned games, they won't load, it says Disc Unreadable. This certain memorex disc won't load any games burned on them, I have Halo: Reach and COD: Black OPS burned on these memorex discs, and I've never had any problems playing either of these games before today; live or offline. I was playing Reach two days ago! I tried reburning black ops onto another disc of the same type, no scratches or smudges on it, and still the same thing; disc unreadable. now I'll put in say Fallout 3, which is on a different type of memorex disc, and it plays fine. can anyone shed some light on this? I'm extremely flabbergasting.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Either update dvd-rom firmware on the 360 or try using the activate iso disc the iso disc does work for black ops not sure about this new update you speak of i haven't been on live for a month or so which was the last update i recieved

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. febreze

febreze Member

according to my brother, I have the most updated firmware you can get, I've always had problems with some burned games tho. he has a modded xbox too, and some games will say "Play DVD" or just not work all together in my xbox, but will play perfectly in his. so I have no idea. and use activate iso disc? what do you mean?

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. febreze

febreze Member

Hmm. Well, I have a bunch of other games that work fine still, like Left 4 Dead and Dead Space, but they're on different DL discs than my Reach and Black Ops, do you think the type of discs have something to do with it, or is it just the games themselves?

6. keebles

keebles Regular member

those are older games and do not have ap2.5 security on them.

7. febreze

febreze Member

Ok cool, I read <a href="http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/ap-2-5-and-you-noobs-guide-t5793.html">THIS</a> and it informed me that this is what's going on. I'm just confused as to why this is happening to me now, most of the posts are from November 2010, and it's more than halfway into January. If I update everything, will this help, or will I still have the "Unreadable Disc"?

8. keebles

keebles Regular member

you have to wait until hackers find away around the new update that was just released. I dont have a modded xbox and dont have a clue about how to get past the latest update.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Acitivate iso is a burned disc that was used to get around an update a little while ago perhaps a year if you had an older firmware installed,however not sure it it would work on yours since you've got the latest update from ms & firmware,i also think the disc wwas for liteons only